Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abraham: Nearly Five Million Watch King Arthur's Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant classless disqualification, not draw.

Comment

Easiest thing in the world to go against AA right now.

I do think he was coming back against Dirrell and the faker knew it.

Against Froch, he just stank.

So that's one really bad fight.

Chances are he will do better against Ward -- and he has the power to knock anyone out.

He'll be a very live underdog in that fight.

Give AA some credit for not b*thing out of the Super Six tournament after two losses.

Comment

wow thats probably more fans than berto, dawson, williams and bradley have altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Oh come on now everyone was there to watch Cunningham and you know it.
          Not sure if you are serious, but just in case that your are: Abraham is still huge in Germany, although a lot were disappointed with the Froch fight. All four of Abraham, the Klitschkos and Felix Sturm are huge draws there. Boxing is doing very good for itself in Germany and Japan compared to the US.

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
          Give AA some credit for not b*thing out of the Super Six tournament after two losses.
          This is very true. Would have been easy to just think "I have no chance against Ward" and fake some injury (or skip faking and just quit, who gives a **** anyways after 4 guys pulled out already...). But he is actually standing up to his obligations and still trying to succeed at super middleweight. He could comfortably make good money in Germany, but he's still fighting to make a name in the US, respect for that.

Comment

AA is a good German level fighter but on the world stage he lacks the skills to beat the very best at Super Middleweight. Slow plodding punchers don't do very well in the higher divisions due to real athletes being in them. Might work in the smaller divisions but not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
              He destroyed Taylor and was gonna k.o this last guy till he broke his wrist on Abe's iron forearms.

Not to mention he got robbed of a rightful k.o win over Dirrell.

So 5 million people watch AA fight a journeyman, yet they're considering fighting Ward in California where the arena will be empty and nobody will care cuz' Ward is a bum and can't draw even in his own hometown?

If Ward doesn't fight AA in Germany, AA should withdraw from the tourney.
              So the top seed should fight at the home of the lowest seed?..........seems about right......

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopperRead;10126050]Easiest thing in the world to go against AA right now.

I do think he was coming back against Dirrell and the faker knew it.

Against Froch, he just stank.

So that's one really bad fight.

Chances are he will do better against Ward -- and he has the power to knock anyone out.

He'll be a very live underdog in that fight.

Give AA some credit for not b*thing out of the Super Six tournament after two losses.[/QUOTE]

So that's what it comes to. Let's give him credit for doing what he signed up to do..............wtf happened to integrity. He put his signature on the paper, he doesn't get credit for sticking to his word. I don't care what anyone else does. It's like giving him credit for not stealing

Abraham is a star because what the hell else are they going to watch in germany.........a rerun of bavarian bar broads........emphasis on broad

Comment

Originally posted by cottofan2 View Post
                  Outside of Germany, Arthur Abraham is a nobody who got dominated in his last 2 fights, one which ended in a classless draw. His own trainer doesn't think much of him. Secondly, Ward draws plenty of fans when he fights in Oakland. He is not Tim Bradley. He has a pretty big following in Oakland. Finally, the judging in Germany is so bad that Ward will lose every round that he doesn't knock Abraham down. The fight should be in the Garden, Vegas or Oakland. NOT IN GERMANY!!!
                  The judging in Oakland is even worse than in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    Really, give some examples

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      I am also interested to know how you came to the conclusion of this. Germany has a very long line of robberies, while Oakland off the top of my head has none. Which fight that Ward was in did you feel that the judging was wrong or a robbery happened?

Comment

Working...
                      X