Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 fighters that would that would beat a Prime Roy Jones jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Calzaghe easily beats any version of Roy Jones jr. Joe is smart fighter, RJJ is dumb as hell. Calzaghe would break face of any RJJ version.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
      I had a whole paragraph full of points and such but what's the point arguing, Roy Jones would make Joe Calzaghe look like most of Jones' cabdriver opponents.
      i dont believe jones fought any cab drivers, not so sure about calzaghe

Comment

that guy is gonna beat roy jones?

get ****ing real you old geezer.

I cant ****ing stand all these oldschool boxing vanguards making the jack dempseys, gene tunneys, & harry ****ing grebs some unbeatable boxing gods.

Golden Age of boxing (50s & down) = biggest ****ing fraud age of boxing.

Crooked ass mobs fixing fights, black fighters getting robbed on a regular, not getting title shots, refs deciding who wins fights, the list goes on....

There's a reason why as time went on & civil rights came along, the number of great white american athletes started dwindling....

IN EVERY SPORT.

There's a reason why all these oldschool boxing vanguards try so desperately hard to demean any recent fighters of recent times when comparing them to old ass fighters of yesteryear:

TO PRESERVE THEIR HISTORY.

Harry Greb?

yea, that babe ruth was the greatest baseball player of all time.

get the mother****kk outta here with that fantasy ****.

Comment

I think Bob Foster would be a great fight....but Roy in his prime was maybe one of the greatest we have ever witnessed. Calzaghe would have gotten blasted, Hagler was a come forward aggressor and Roy would have ate him up in the latter rounds, I think. But, there could have been fighters that would compete, but I doubt beat, Roy was special, and that knida special doesnt come around too often. Otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created nor would Roy have as many naysayers/ haters as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
            I think Bob Foster would be a great fight....but Roy in his prime was maybe one of the greatest we have ever witnessed. Calzaghe would have gotten blasted, Hagler was a come forward aggressor and Roy would have ate him up in the latter rounds, I think. But, there could have been fighters that would compete, but I doubt beat, Roy was special, and that knida special doesnt come around too often. Otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created nor would Roy have as many naysayers/ haters as he does.
            Couldn'ta said it ANY better!!! Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
              Hagler was much more than a come forward aggressor, that's nuts. At 168, I think Roy might be a lil too much but the 160 version would get smacked around by Hagler. Hagler was a technician in the ring and was a beautiful boxer. Wonderful head movement, great footwork, a steady jab, picked his shots intelligently and was ambidextrous. He was just as astute in the ring as Roy and would given the young man nightmares. At 160, I'd pick the Marvelous one via comfortable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                Joe Calzaghe easily beats any version of Roy Jones jr. Joe is smart fighter, RJJ is dumb as hell. Calzaghe would break face of any RJJ version.
                Oh really? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
                  Oh really? o_O
                  Ohh yeah....

Comment

Im Dazed.........Hagler was awesome, I loved watching his fights as a kid, but all were recorded because he was a bit before I really could appreciate the science. What you said about Hagler is right, and I think he might have been the only fighter Ive seen to switch so often and be effective doing so 90% of the time. He did great things in the ring. I just dont see him defeating a prime Roy. We can agree to disagree.....I just think Roy was too much at 160, or 168. Its not like Hagler would be facing Sugar Ray's speed coming off a layoff and up in weight....Roy was strong as hell at 160, along with the fastest hands Ive ever seen, There would be nothing comfortable about it. I was trying to be concise saying he was a come forward aggressor, which he did and I feel he would have done against Roy, thats what I meant, no intent on discrediting Hagler's skills by any means.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson is the only one from MW - LHW that I think had a legit shot at Prime Roy..

Comment

Working...
                      X