• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy looked his best when fighting good fighters

i'd favour him over all the guys you picked

Comment

He embarrassed a prime James Toney.

How many guys can even look good against prime Toney, let alone beat him handidly.
      Im too young, and haven't done enough research to comment, but I've never seen anyone like RJJ before on any highlight or fight. Never.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe.

Funny how Calzaghe is held in high regard until someone mentions Jones in the convo and RJJ knocks Calzaghe out in 3 rounds, disregarding Joe's abilities and being able to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          You got me doubting myself I come from Ajegunle, my Standard English is not that good.
          Yeah right, it's better than most Americans .

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
            Joe Calzaghe.

Funny how Calzaghe is held in high regard until someone mentions Jones in the convo and RJJ knocks Calzaghe out in 3 rounds, disregarding Joe's abilities and being able to adapt.
            in what way could he adapt that would help him beat roy? maybe if calzaghe was a big puncher, but he's average at best
            and you seem to forget what an athlete roy was, in other words he could also adapt effortlessly

Comment

Give Ezzard Charles and Michael Spinks the best chance and would favor them both against Roy, maybe Moore, not all sure about Foster to be honest.

Imo Roy would be to green at Middle despite his Attributes to handle Monzon and Hagler, would be a hella tough fight but I see Monzon and Hagler coming out on top.

Few things with your list though, I would not call Spinks a pure boxer but then again everyone has their different meanings, Spinks was far too an awkward boxer to be called Pure imo.

Hagler did not always keep coming forward at all and neither did Monzon, don't base boxers of off one fight, they were both very versatile and could change accordingly.
              Last edited by NChristo; 02-10-2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

how could you say a boxer that has no fight footage in existence beat somebody like a prime roy jones?

Harry ****iing Greb?

Harry Greb by tko via newspaper decision?

get ****ing serious.

Comment

I think people overrate fighters of the past a bit too much..

I mean, how many of those guys can actually cope with Roy's superhuman speed, reflexes and power?

Only the few very skilled ones with high ring IQ

I believe Ezzard Charles could beat him but I'd favor Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
                    how could you say a boxer that has no fight footage in existence beat somebody like a prime roy jones?

Harry ****iing Greb?

Harry Greb by tko via newspaper decision?

get ****ing serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
                      in what way could he adapt that would help him beat roy? maybe if calzaghe was a big puncher, but he's average at best
                      and you seem to forget what an athlete roy was, in other words he could also adapt effortlessly
                      I had a whole paragraph full of points and such but what's the point arguing, Roy Jones would make Joe Calzaghe look like most of Jones' cabdriver opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X