Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Advisor: UFC not sport, no skill involved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf is with this "MMGAY takes skill" contingent on NSB??? This is a BOXING FORUM. GET MMA FAR AWAY. LET REP BOXING AND NOT GIVE MMGAY ANYMORE ATTENTION OR CREDIT!

Boxing will never die. It's too ingrained in American culture! MMA can grow and grow.. when the next fad comes along, their white male fans will flock elsewhere
    Last edited by krimzon; 02-10-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I watched Frankie Edgar about an hour ago and it looked like he might be able to crack some heads at welterweight. Footwork looked world class.

Comment

Nick Diaz credits his vastly improved Boxing skills from training with S.O.G Andre Ward....

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
          MMA Boxing and Pure Boxing is apples and oranges...

But to your other statement theres other guys that have had Extensive Professional Boxing Matches and entered in MMA as well as guys that have had won Golden Gloves Tounamnets, Amueter Boxign Matches etc...
          exactly.. which is ludicrous to suggest MMA involves way more skills or vice versa. The points he made were just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            I watched Frankie Edgar about an hour ago and it looked like he might be able to crack some heads at welterweight. Footwork looked world class.
            come on dog no disrespect to frankie but if you put him in with a top 10 welterweight in a boxing ring he would look like he never threw a punch in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
              come on dog no disrespect to frankie but if you put him in with a top 10 welterweight in a boxing ring he would look like he never threw a punch in his life.
              True... But Eddie Alverez Pure Boxing skills are so good he coulda done Pro Boxing... Hes a top 5 Consensus LW in MMA..... Hes doesn't fight in the UFC though...

Comment

I'm an MMA fan and a Boxing fan.

But to say that MMA's stand up striking is on par with boxings is just absurd.

Sure there are some good strikers in the bunch, GSP, Fedor, etc.

But they call Boxing the sweet science for a reason.

Comment

**** MMA. There are more and more MMA threads in NSB these days. I wish people would stop trying to force that garbage on us dedicated boxing fans.

Comment

Of course it takes skill, just different types of skills involved.

Comments like this just makes people in boxing look ignorant, and also insecure and threatened by MMA.

Comment

I love watching MMA... by MMA i mean MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

not a fight which both fighters are just trying to overwhelm each other with mostly brazilian jiu jitsu each and everytime.

It's rare to see a REAL MMA fight these days..

For me... MMA has lost its real meaning...

Comment

Working...
                      X