Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    cmon now you're dumbing down Mayweather a bit to sell your case?

we all knew of the pedigree Mayweather brought into the pros

we all saw easily he handled Chicanito Hernandez (well maybe you didn't but I sure did) when most thought HE would be a tough test for Mayweather

we all saw easily he handled Manfredy, who was thought to be a top contender at the time.

we knew of his calibur and pedigree you trying to deny it is almost comical
    I seen it, but did YOU see what Corales also did to Manfredy? And of course everyone thought Hernandez would be Floyds toughest test, he had under 20 fights. When Floyd fought Corales, experts didn't only think that would be his toughest test but a lot chose Corales to win. Both was against thier best opponent that night regardless of "amateur pedigree".

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      cmon now you're dumbing down Mayweather a bit to sell your case?

we all knew of the pedigree Mayweather brought into the pros

we all saw easily he handled Chicanito Hernandez (well maybe you didn't but I sure did) when most thought HE would be a tough test for Mayweather

we all saw easily he handled Manfredy, who was thought to be a top contender at the time.

we knew of his calibur and pedigree you trying to deny it is almost comical
      thia ia true but lets not forget. it wasnt a given that floyd would beat corrales. there were many that thought this fight would go in the exact opposite direction. i still remember the **** talking that was going on on how floyd had lost his spot, corrales was the new king of the division, etc. dc was on a tear and floyd was sputtering. the way he dominated that fight wasnt something that many predicted. and thats just the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        of course you can. i have metal in my knee and have for years. I don't think about it ever.
        Theres a pretty big difference between your knee and your brain. Better yet, which would you rather be punched at?

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          Theres a pretty big difference between your knee and your brain. Better yet, which would you rather be punched at?
          no its not. fact is, you don't feel the metal in your head. it becomes an afterthought. and I'd rather get punched in my head than my knee.

especially because he was training and fighting with the plate in his head for years.

the reason merchant brought it up was for a storyline. duh.

Comment

no its not. fact is, you don't feel the metal in your head. it becomes an afterthought. and I'd rather get punched in my head than my knee.

especially because he was training and fighting with the plate in his head for years.

Interesting that you know how it feels since you've most likely never had anything put in your head. Any type of brain surgery is a serious issue and there will be questions. And HBO would create a storyline based on something that happened years prior? Why didn't they do it immediately afterwards?
            Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The fact that you would rather be punched in your head than your knee is not shocking for some reason.

Comment

• Of FFS's he has had the metal plate in his head since 1997. 6 years prior to the Pac fight.

He has had the best wins of his career AFTER the metal plate was put in his hear. LIke Morales and Hamed.

Comment

• Barrera was a heavy favorite against Pac. Barrera is a future HOFer and possibly a ATG100. Barrera was schooled and had his will broken by Pac; no contention from MAB on the stoppage.

Diego and FMJ was a pick-em fight. Diego is NOT IMHO an HOFer. Even after 5 KDs Diego's will was never broken; he contested the stoppage.

MAB v Pac was a great fight because HBO fed Pac to MAB, but Pac utterly dominated and broke MABs will.

FMJ v Diego was a great fight because of the excitement and buzz around it, 2 young undefeated fighters. No one knew who would win. It highlighted how offensive FMJ was/is if he wanted to be and the skill level disparity was something to behold.

For the same reason I favor Pac's win over Hatton against FMJ's. Regardless of how much better one's opponent was over the other, it is not just about winning, but how you win. Therefore, IMHO "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather's performance was more impressive than Pac's.

BTW, watching both fights after the fact does not give either justice. You lose context. I remember watching MAB v Pac and it was a "Wow, holy-****!!" moment. For FMJ v Diego I was speechless because I had to pickup my jaw from the floor. It was genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                    The fact that you would rather be punched in your head than your knee is not shocking for some reason.
                    Ever been hit in the knee? Ever been hit in the face? Knee hurts waaaaaay more.

Let's see, I have a metal plate in one knee and 4,screws in my other knee. You have nothing of the sort..... Who's more qualified to know whether or not it would be on ones mind?

You come off like a big time prima donna. These guys are professional prizefighters, they're more emotional to things happening in their lives than some physical issue that they don't even feel. Especially when they've had their best performances in their career with the plate.

Comment

• It's tough, especially for me because my criteria is different than most people. Mayweather also beat a much bigger man that night. It's even IMO, too bad that isn't an option.
                      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X