No announcement yet.

Marquez-Morales could be off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    But, he also does some good things that he doesn't get credit for but whatever....

JMM, Mosley and B-Hop should get together and start their own promotional company.
    Ugh..then what about Oscar?

Comment

they should post this in the "Who the Fuk cares" forum. not NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
        Ugh..then what about Oscar?

What about him?

To me Schafer does more about the promotional business aspect then what GBP does.

For most of the issue Oscar is out of the loop.

I guess what Oscar does is that he uses his name value to get good sponsors like Tecate and others. Hey props to him for that. But, I think Schafer closes the deal but granted is Oscar name that might bring it.

But, fights in movie theaters and all that is Schafer. That is not an Oscar savvy business idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          What about him?

To me Schafer does more about the promotional business aspect then what GBP does.

For most of the issue Oscar is out of the loop.

I guess what Oscar does is that he uses his name value to get good sponsors like Tecate and others. Hey props to him for that. But, I think Schafer closes the deal but granted is Oscar name that might bring it.

But, fights in movie theaters and all that is Schafer. That is not an Oscar savvy business idea.
          I was kidding Rosales. Because I know he is one of your favorites.

Comment

Personally it sounds like JMM is being dumb. He consistently prices himself out and I have no idea why he won't take the money here.

Comment

I'm gonna reserve judgement on JMM until he makes his next move and I'm glad he didn't fight Morales if that's really true and kudos for that.

And even though I think Morales will get killed against Maidana, it's the idea that Morales would be putting JMM to shame if JMM stayed at 135 and fought some no namer or bum. It would make me quit being a Marquez fan altogether.

To me, JMM should be the guy fighting Maidana and not Morales. That's the point I'm trying to make and it would make it look like Morales is the one who cares about his legacy with JMM being the cherry picker.

Now if JMM countered what Morales was doing or tried to match it by fighting Khan or Bradley (which actually is better since they have belts) then I would still be able to be a fan of him. But only if he does this. I'm serious. I'd have to change my name to Left Hook Tua Jr. if Morales fought Maidana and JMM went inactive or fought a nobody.
              Last edited by Iceta Lives; 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                I'm gonna reserve judgement on JMM until he makes his next move and I'm glad he didn't fight Morales if that's really true and kudos for that.

And even though I think Morales will get killed against Maidana, it's the idea that Morales would be putting JMM to shame if JMM stayed at 135 and fought some no namer or bum. It would make me quit being a Marquez fan altogether.

To me, JMM should be the guy fighting Maidana and not Morales. That's the point I'm trying to make and it would make it look like Morales is the one who cares about his legacy with JMM being the cherry picker.
                You're outta control.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                  You're outta control.
                  Come on dude. How am what I'm saying isn't right? Barrera fought Khan in his backyard even though he lost on a head butt. I'm starting to really question JMM here.

If this scenario played out the way I'm talking about, then it would add weight to the argument that Barrera and Morales should go down as greater fighters than JMM because they fight better opponents and take more risks. Now JMM fought Floyd and he deserves props for that and that was ballsier than Barrera fighting Khan.

I'm just saying I don't see how Morales fighting Maidana doesn't make JMM look bad if he doesn't do something to counter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    Come on dude. How am what I'm saying isn't right? Barrera fought Khan in his backyard even though he lost on a head butt. I'm starting to really question JMM here.

If this scenario played out the way I'm talking about, then it would add weight to the argument that Barrera and Morales should go down as greater fighters than JMM because they fight better opponents and take more risks. Now JMM fought Floyd and he deserves props for that and that was ballsier than Barrera fighting Khan.

I'm just saying I don't see how Morales fighting Maidana doesn't make JMM look bad if he doesn't do something to counter it.
                    You act as if JMM's been taking the easy road or something. I'm sure whatever fight he takes will be a good one. I don't see him wasting his time at this point in his career. Which is why I'm glad he spared Morales an asswhooping.

In fact, this elevates JMM over Pac because unlike Pac, JMM has enough integrity not to cheat fans with a bull**** mismatch unlike Pac/Mosley.

JMM 3 Pac 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
                      You act as if JMM's been taking the easy road or something. I'm sure whatever fight he takes will be a good one. I don't see him wasting his time at this point in his career. Which is why I'm glad he spared Morales an asswhooping.

In fact, this elevates JMM over Pac because unlike Pac, JMM has enough integrity not to cheat fans with a bull**** mismatch unlike Pac/Mosley.

JMM 3 Pac 0.
                      Lol. I agree dude. I've made it clear I'm happy JMM didn't go through with this fight against Morales. But there is nothing but Arum fighters left at 135, and he should either fight Bradley or Khan win or lose. Just take the chance. No shame if you don't win.

Comment

Working...
                      X