No announcement yet.

Whats Mike Tyson's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Im pissed n confused. Why the *** are u ****s talkin bout Josh Clottey? Lulz
    I got swept up in the pugilistic tornado known as jrosales13.

Once that happens, its all over.

Comment

Great thread Jacky, he was awesome in his prime though short it was and was always entertaining but his resume is a bit lacking for him to be considered ATG material. This also when he lost he never really came back and improved but just seem to regress more and more as time went on unlike Wlad who did the opposite after bad losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
        I got swept up in the pugilistic tornado known as jrosales13.

Once that happens, its all over.

Jack on a serious note your presence is needed in this thread.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=458960&page=4

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          The mother***er paid Lewis not to fight him. One of the most blatant ducks in boxing history. Get to ***.
          And when was this?

Comment

people talk bad about Tyson's wins a lot, but it actually wasnt bad at all.

wins over Berbick, Smith, Thomas, Tucker, Biggs, Tubbs, Spinks, Williams, Brunox2, Ruddockx2, Seldon and Golota were all good wins at the time.

most people consider the Spinks win his best...and I would agree, considering the quality of the opponent and how Tyson took him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
              The way I see it, if Buster Douglass could k.o Tyson, imagine what a prime Larry Holmes would've done to him?

Prime Holmes did everything Douglass did by 100 times over.

Constipated thinking....Tyson beat far better opponents than Douglas. Many elite fighters have lost to much lesser fighters in their career and in there primes too....it doesn't diminish Tyson's accomplishments and skills.

Can't fault the man...he crushed the HW division of his era....guys like Spinks and Berbick were no joke....Tyson treated them with complete and utter contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Constipated thinking....Tyson beat far better opponents than Douglas. Many elite fighters have lost to much lesser fighters in their career and in there primes too....it doesn't diminish Tyson's accomplishments and skills.

Can't fault the man...he crushed the HW division of his era....guys like Spinks and Berbick were no joke....Tyson treated them with complete and utter contempt.
                well said

not too mention he was the youngest heavyweight champ ever that has to count for something

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue69 View Post
                  Tyrell Biggs.

Taken in context, at the time, Tyson-Biggs was being billed as the new Ali-Frazier for the '80's. Many experts at the time were picking Biggs (although Tyson was favoured). Biggs was a talented gold-medallist with good skills, but Tyson was at his destructive best during that fight. Ruined Biggs' once-promising career in one merciless night.

People often overlook Biggs based on what happened to his career after theTyson fight, but I think that does a disservice to Tyson's performance that night.
                  You make a good point. Biggs had very good speed, a great jab and he knew how to box. Biggs came in lose, relaxed and boxed well. He was a poor man's Ali that night. Tyson jabbed moved his head and set up combos in a way that he didnt during and after the Douglas fight. Tyson out jabbed Biggs.

Compare Tyson in Ruddock II to Tyson Biggs and you can see the drop off. If you dont understand the Tyson myth watch those two fights.

Comment

Tyson really doesn't have one big standout win.That one potential win would have been against a prime Evander Holyfield,but obviously that never came about when it was supposed to happen.That said,Tyson did completely clear the heavyweight division out during his reign as champion.What Larry Holmes couldn't do in seven years,Tyson actually did in three.Of course,Holmes beats Tyson for longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Great thread Jacky, he was awesome in his prime though short it was and was always entertaining but his resume is a bit lacking for him to be considered ATG material. This also when he lost he never really came back and improved but just seem to regress more and more as time went on unlike Wlad who did the opposite after bad losses.
                      Agreed...couldn't have said it better myself. Well, maybe I would've used better grammar. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X