No announcement yet.

Margarito vs. Bradley at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    I'm not really sold on Bradley yet, but then I also reckon Margarito would be dead at 147lbs right now, so it's hard to call. One thing that strikes me about Bradley is that he has really bad spatial awareness (which I suspect is part of the reason his fights are always plagued with headbutts), which may be a fatal flaw against the bigger, rangier Margarito who he would likely be trying to avoid for most of the fight.
    He wouldn't move away, he'd back Margarito up. Margarito's legs are worn. He's been backed up by every opponent he's faced since Cotto whenever they felt like backing him up. The Garcia bout was the sign. He's done.

Comment

Prime and now Margs stop him

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He wouldn't move away, he'd back Margarito up. Margarito's legs are worn. He's been backed up by every opponent he's faced since Cotto whenever they felt like backing him up. The Garcia bout was the sign. He's done.
        Margarito isnt as far gone as you make him out to be. He did have Pac on his back foot for most of that fight and even hurt him. I do agree though that at 147 he would be drained.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          Margarito isnt as far gone as you make him out to be. He did have Pac on his back foot for most of that fight and even hurt him. I do agree though that at 147 he would be drained.
          He won about two rounds and should've been stopped. He basically got beat from pillar to post. Pacquiao backed him up when he felt like it, except it was equally advantageous to have him walk into a six punch combination. I maintained after the Garcia bout that he had lost it. No way would a younger version let Manny push him around like that.

Comment

Why does everyone want to make Bradley a 147 fighter? I always see threads about him fighting Berto. Tim is a small fighter at 140, stop bringing him into 147 fights.

Comment

Margarito right now? Can't even make 147.

Comment

even the current version of marg grinds timmah to dust. timmah doesn't have the power to hurt marg. marg walks through timmah's best shots and puts a beating on timmah. I see a late rounds stoppage for marg.

Comment

marg by brutal plaster stoppage. with out plaster tim boxes circles all night.

Comment

Prime Marg, Cotto fight version.... Marg now could never make 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      Prime Marg, Cotto fight version.... Marg now could never make 147.
                      Oh well if we're talking about that version of Marg.

Then yes Marg beats Bradley down.

Comment

Working...
                      X