Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Donaire suddenly getting so much support?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - p e t - View Post
    10 million on Donaire to knock him out.

If Montiel stays up for 12, you don't have to pay me.
    I'll take this bet.

I'm leaning toward Donaire winning the fight, but even if that happens, it won't be by stoppage.

And whoever thinks Montiel is an easy win for Donaire, doesn't know how to factor in the style matchup.

The trick to Donaire is that you have to be either all the way on the inside or on the outside and that's exactly what Montiel does. He's either giving lateral movement and counterpunching on the outside or exploding to the inside with combinations. Montiel is a live underdog, he will be competitive, and he won't get stopped.

Comment

nonita marcial will spank montiel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
        that's not happening you stupid mother****er. and like the OP says. 100K you illiterate ******. Your on for 100K
        I'm a bandwagoner you fucking sewer rat. Put your points where your sewer rat mouth is pussy.

Comment

Check out my interview w Larry Beil on ABC channel 7 TODAY at 6:45pm.

Comment

I"ve been on the Donaire bandwagon since he beat Vic. He's a dynamic fighter with a lot of athletic ability. I like those types of fighters.

And I don't think that this is going to be a schooling of Montiel, Montiel is the skilled one, this is just going to be an explosion of the bulldozer variety. Donaire is dynamite, Montiel is an ugly counter-puncher - a poorman's Juan Manuel Marquez.

I'm pulling for Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by - p e t - View Post
              10 million on Donaire to knock him out.

If Montiel stays up for 12, you don't have to pay me.
              I bet you 10mil Donaire doesn't knock him out.

Comment

bob arum needs to build some more stars before manny retire

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                  Seriously, before the fight vs. Montiel NO ONE talked about him here. Especially all the pinoys. Come on that's obvious bandwagonning . Now he's going to "school" Montiel because he's fought nothing but tomato cans lately? Mmm ok. 100K bet on Montiel over Donaire.
                  100 k? I'm giving you 1 billion to bet on montiel if you're down with it.

Comment

I think it's because most haven't followed both close and just look at Donaire as the "sexy" pick.

Yeah Donaire is the better boxer but Montiel is the better fighter. This is way closer that what most are trying to make it (due to ignorance).

FWIW Donaires defense has quite a bit of holes and I notice he get caught with a lot of hooks (Montiels money punch).

I think this comes down to distance. If Nonito can control the distance and keep Montiel at the end of everything, I see him winning.

If Montiel starts getting on the inside and landing those short inside hooks, Nonito will be in trouble.

We will see as this is defiantly FOTY material.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                      I think it's because most haven't followed both close and just look at Donaire as the "sexy" pick.

Yeah Donaire is the better boxer but Montiel is the better fighter. This is way closer that what most are trying to make it (due to ignorance).

FWIW Donaires defense has quite a bit of holes and I notice he get caught with a lot of hooks (Montiels money punch).

I think this comes down to distance. If Nonito can control the distance and keep Montiel at the end of everything, I see him winning.

If Montiel starts getting on the inside and landing those short inside hooks, Nonito will be in trouble.

We will see as this is defiantly FOTY material.
                      Wanna put all your points on Montiel?

Comment

Working...
                      X