No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    So you are telling me now that Floyd's best fight was actually tarnished then..lol
    No because i wouldn't say that was his best fight, but he didn't fight anywhere close to the best Corrales.

You seem to be mistaking me for a big Mayweather fan, i'm not i just tell it how i see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Floyd spanked Jmm, Manny struggled with him before and after. Pac beat the bejesus out if Cotto, Floyd struggled a bit with him.

It's just styles, one thing we know is that PAC-Floyd remains a fascinating prospect, despite both showing a bit of age.
      This is how I pretty much see it..Styles make fights,even tho I did not think Floyd struggled with Cotto..I believe Floyd wanted to prove he could beat Cotto in a fight and in a boxing match..Which he did...

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        If it sells 2 million then Floyd's the bigger draw and it should be 60/40

If its like 1.2 or sum then it should be 50/50

Cause honestly both there ppv numbers aren't far apart.
        LOL, cause I'm sure Mosley and Canelo didn't add anything to the PPV right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Looked good? He looked terrible a lot of people thought he lost the damn fight. LOL
          You are talking about the Lazcano fight.. The Callazo fight was a good fight where Hatton outhusled Callazo..But lets say that its not a good fight because it was close.. He still fared better than Berto..
          Last edited by mikemurni; 05-07-2012, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            those catchweights were made to give an advantage it back fired on them. catchweights are only ever used to give one fighter an advantage over another.
            this is irrelevent, back to my point, going down in weight does not = being drained

and cotto's work in the pac fight basically proved he was not drained

being ill-prepared by not having a trainer or him being better mentally now is another story, although ones that i dont care for or agree with

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              those catchweights were made to give an advantage it back fired on them. catchweights are only ever used to give one fighter an advantage over another.
              You're ignoring the fact that usually when there's a catchweight there's a smaller guy fighting bigger guy, so there's already an advantage for one side.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
                You're ignoring the fact that usually when there's a catchweight there's a smaller guy fighting bigger guy, so there's already an advantage for one side.
                ur right, going into these catchweights, most people are thinking the bigger guy will destroy the smaller fighter, he'll punch too hard, be too durable etc etc

going into pacquiao-cotto was no different

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  No because i wouldn't say that was his best fight, but he didn't fight anywhere close to the best Corrales.

You seem to be mistaking me for a big Mayweather fan, i'm not i just tell it how i see it.
                  Not according to the *****$, and to most boxing experts.. But lets agree that it was one of his defining fights.. Because if you ask me that was his best fight, and full credit to him.. I dont really put too much emhasis on weight as you do though..

Comment

• As far as i can see catchweights are cool because pac does em. thats youre logic right? im out. all hail lord pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                      ur right, going into these catchweights, most people are thinking the bigger guy will destroy the smaller fighter, he'll punch too hard, be too durable etc etc

going into pacquiao-cotto was no different
                      Exactly, people forget no one was giving Manny a chance against Oscar. The whole "a good big guy always beats a good little guy" was all you were hearing. There was no other weight to do the fight at cause Manny had never fought above 135 so what was Oscar going to say "fight me at jmw?"

Comment

Working...
                      X