Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree I think the shots Floyd were hitting cotto with would KO most dudes at 147

Comment

• bump............

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
        I had the BoxNation stream, and it was like some Russian type commentating.

The American guy, literally did not say anything good of Cotto at all.

It was the worse commentating I heard ever.

Cotto did good work landing quite a few on the ropes, and nothing is said, they prefer to talk about Mayweather. Soon as May lands 1 shot, they suck him off.

Even the Box Nation UK guys after the fight said some commentators may have decided the winner already.

The commentator got the Wrap issue wrong by saying glove issue and another fact which was quite important. It was like they were MMA guys to me seriously.

I thought 50 cent and Justing Bieber were doing the commentary, Damn why were they so far up Floyd's ass for?

Didn't they say the gloves were 8oz gloves as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
          i dont give a ****..real talk..
          Thats because your a moron that dont know how stupid you are .

Comment

• It was just you

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
              It could just be that Cotto is the best fighter Floyd has faced in years and/or a combination of that along with some decline in his ability. Also, it could be that Floyd fought injured as he said.
              It's a combination of all these things but the age/decline factor was the most important.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              You must be really special when you perform like that at 35 and people say you look old , he looks about as old as Ali did when he started to slow a little , cant be 25 forever , Floyd is one of the greats no doubt about it .
              Yeah no doubt, I still had him winning 9-3 against a future HOFer who was bigger than him. That's how good he is even though he's on the decline.

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
              He didn't look old. He moved UP in weight to 154 to fight Cotto which Cotto is comfortable at. He also had 10 oz gloves on. Gloves that HEAVYWEIGHTS use. Cotto wasnt just bigger then Floyd but he also has very good boxing skills. He's not one dimensional. It was a solid win for Floyd fighting a guy at his natural weight and not a catch weight. That being said i think 154 is a little too much weight for Floyd to fight at he needs to stay at 147.
              He had 10 oz gloves against Oscar and he looked better than he did last night and that version of Oscar was better than today's Cotto.

Comment

• I remember floyd jabbing to the body quite a lot

Comment

• you know that pac used 8 ounce gloves to fight cotto which makes a huge difference. Even cotto said 10 ounces are better for him as he can defend better.... I don't think comparing these two fights are even reasonable as cotto was at a healthy weight, bigger gloves all valid technical differences...

The cotto may fought was a different fighter exactly the reason why pac & roach said they would not fight cotto at 154........

my 2cent....

Comment

• He looked a bit off to me last night. Floyd is a notoriously hard and dilligent trainer and its probably wearing on him now. It comes to all fighters its just a matter of time. Its not down to punishment taken as is the case with many other fighters, but he is definitely slowing down.

Floyd is an extraordinary fighter and even at this stage he has more than enough about him to remain around the top, but if he keeps fighting on for much longer he will get beaten.

Comment

• Last nite confirmed Floyd is one of the best fighters in the world as Cotto is a tough boxer.

If Floyd wanted to be the best he would have done what Pac did. Floyd cant live off of that performance off bloated JMM forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X