Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course its gonna look sharper. Its the same routine they been doing since a little kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Maybe his defense is below average but he has a good chin. He has never been KO cold, basically he has quitted.
      Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      Show me at least one fight where Cotto has been knocked out, not stopped, but KO'd...I'm waiting.
      Zab has never knocked out cold, would you say his chin is solid too? Cotto's chin is not made of glass but it's fragile.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Of course its gonna look sharper. Its the same routine they been doing since a little kid.
        I just thought Floyd looked sharper doing it for Cotto than he had while training for Ortiz, that's all.

Comment

• Sorry but its nothing more than a well rehearsed routine. Who does the work? Uncle May or PBF?

Uncle May brings the mits all the way to Floyd. This same routine has been done for years now. More of a show-warm up than a training routine.

Cotto stops FMJr by the 8th.

Comment

• Looks exactly the same to me.

Comment

• Floyd to me, is looking a lot sharper now than he was fight night against Ortiz. Staying busy and in the gym has benefitted him well.

Comment

• Can't wait till May 5th and the Cotto stans can finally shut the f**k up. Not the Cotto fans who are normal, but the hardcore Cotto stans who are delusional.

Comment

• You're totally on the money. That's why I started up my other thread about Floyd looking technically better.

Floyd was rusty against Ortiz, there were occasions when he punch himself off balance against him. Those same punches, he threw against Henry in sparring, and his balance then was perfect.

He's definitely a lot sharper. Roger even said it himself.

Comment

• its funny how all these ppl talk about what effect the glvoe size will have and 90% of them never boxed in gloves 2 oz apart in size to tell the diffrence.

smaller gloves is always to the bigger punchers advantage, especially when he cant outbox his oponent and is unlikely to win on points.

yes, floyd may hurt his hands, but its not like 10 oz gloves is a free pass to **** your oponent on top off the head or elbows and get away with it. it doesnt matter tbh, 2 oz will make a very marginal diffrence.

same thing goes for cutting your oponent, it is easier to cut someone the smaller the gloves are but ppl acting like 8oz gloves will make floyd edward scissor hands is silly.

cutting your oponent just like hurting your hands is about precision, not glove size. same thing can be said for punching power but a fighter will still feel the gloves size diffrence every time he gets hit, not just on the top of the head or eyebrow. for a bodypuncher like cotto who will be looking to hit floyd everywhere, the chest, the shoulders, the arms and break him down those gloves will be to his advantage.

again, smaller gloves always favor the puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Cotto's chin is a bit below average, I wouldn't say it's solid.
                      Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Zab has never knocked out cold, would you say his chin is solid too? Cotto's chin is not made of glass but it's fragile.
                      Cotto has been chin checked quite a bit more than FMJr and has passed the test.

Below average? LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X