No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HEZEKYHWH View Post
    Of course he has the power... If he didnt cats would walk through his supposedly feather fisted punches. a 167 ortiz didnt run through them, Mosley didnt, no one really does. Floyd brings pain that jab tO the pit of thE stomach is the most underrated thing in his arsenal IMO...

I think hes gonna fold cottos ass up like a lawn chair. You got kids on here saying Floyd is scared, but Floyd asked for smaller gloves, so we are truly about to see. You dont ask for smaller gloves if you dont plan on giving a pure ass whoopin!!!

SPEED RESILIENCY AND THESE FOOLS WILL GO BACK TO BARKING ABOUT PACMAN MAY 6TH...LOL
    Brother,

The only way Floyd asked to stay on the 8oz gloves (he always fought with them with the exception of the La Hoya) was because he was afraid that he was going to be slower, and lack (even more) punching power.

I see it as the advantage of the 8oz gloves going to Cotto who has fought his last 3-4 fights with the heavier 10oz, and has stopped all the 154LBS opponents with the 10oz. Miguel, will be faster and be able to be more crisp and deliver equal or more energy. FMJr. just be equally or may be slower (due to age) with the 8oz horse bags.

Cotto will KO/TKO FMJr. All will happen under 10RDS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
      Brother,

The only way Floyd asked to stay on the 8oz gloves (he always fought with them with the exception of the La Hoya) was because he was afraid that he was going to be slower, and lack (even more) punching power.

I see it as the advantage of the 8oz gloves going to Cotto who has fought his last 3-4 fights with the heavier 10oz, and has stopped all the 154LBS opponents with the 10oz. Miguel, will be faster and be able to be more crisp and deliver equal or more energy. FMJr. just be equally or may be slower (due to age) with the 8oz horse bags.

Cotto will KO/TKO FMJr. All will happen under 10RDS!
      Hahahaha..you don't believe any of that..

Shane walked thru everything Cotto had....but he couldn't walk thru Floyd's punches...

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Yes no chance, we are talking about a KO here not TKO, and Floyd has no chance of KOing Cotto.

If anyone wants 5 million on it, i'll be happy to take your points.
        You never know about boxing...

Cotto might be rolling on the floor holding his side...or not beat the count after a blind-alley right hand...

You just never know..

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
          You never know about boxing...

Cotto might be rolling on the floor holding his side...or not beat the count after a blind-alley right hand...

You just never know..
          And Cotto could KO Floyd in the first round, but thats not where the smart money at.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Yes no chance, we are talking about a KO here not TKO, and Floyd has no chance of KOing Cotto.

If anyone wants 5 million on it, i'll be happy to take your points.
            Cotto barely survived against Torres and needed a house ref to survive against Corley.

Not to mention he's been rocked or hurt badly against Pac and Margarito.

I guarantee Floyd will knock him out. I don't think he will, I know he will. Cotto gets credit for nothing other than being a punching bag that loses all his big fights on this forum.

This won't even be close.

Comment

• Floyds power is underrated to some degree, but with that said, its nothing that cotto hasnt felt and dealt with before. More importantly, floyd doesnt have the volume to take cotto out. He may get a knockdown, but he's not gonna put cottos lights out.

Comment

• I believe that Floyd can stop anybody. Any fighter can stop another fighter but it takes a combination of several things. Malignaggi is a good example. He's notoriously known for not being a power puncher but he hit Diaz with a nice shot that stunned Diaz. It wasnt only power that caused that. Even Paulie was surprised.

I don't think Floyd will catch Cotto with one punch that will ko him. If Floyd stops him, it will be from an accumulation of punches and the bleeding gets to the point where the fight is stopped.

Comment

• of course he does, but is he going to land enough to hurt floyd? Hell no.

Comment

• In short,Yes..

Comment

• 24/7 First Look: Cotto Camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0cDnA7B6k8

Last edited by 22k; 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X