Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'd back Cotto up and still beat him easily.

Comment

• too bad that Cotto left hook to the body doesnt exist anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
        and fights him like he did Mosley & Ortiz? Maybe not walking him down all the way(atleast not until later) but just standing right in the center and not moving from him at all while being very aggressive. What happens if the fight goes that way?
        what do you mean 'if'? that's the way he has to fight these days and he's already said he won't be running from Cotto so expect more of the same.

Comment

• Cotto must be a good business man and doing what Floyd has been doing.
          Keeping 100% of his money.

It will be sad to watch Cotto make more than Manny in his next fight. SMFH

Great for cotto....Sad for pacquiao

Comment

• Cotto might get the better of him in the early rounds if he stands in the center and fights, But unless Cotto can go hard to the body I dont see him doing much damage. Regardless this fight will come down to conditioning/stamina. Floyd will win if Cotto cant get to him by the middle rounds, If the same cotto that fought Margarito shows up..he will get KO'ed late, If cotto changes up his attack and starts working the body more like he did back in the day and in the Zab fight, then things will get interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
              Bro..........just no. I criticized the Mosley mentions too.

Clottey fights nothing like Floyd. Not all defensive postures are the same. Clottey fights out of a shell, exclusively. Floyd fights with a high guard some times but his defense is mostly reflex based, Clottey's is not. Clottey doesn't counter like Floyd does and he does NOT employ a shoulder roll under any circumstances.

That is not a good sparring partner....good partners are Kell Brook(for his offensive arsenal), Brad Soloman, Ishe Smith, and Steve Forbes.
              Floyd has plenty of times fought from a high guard and will do so in this fight. Cotto needs to do a better job of working around that.

Nobody in the game, be it Solomon or Forbes can do Floyd's reflexes. There will be times when Floyd is against the ropes shoulder rolling. So Clottey can do that fine. Nothing anyone can do will help prepare for Floyd's reflexes so the best Cotto can do is look to tapes and pull out the habits that Floyd has when he moves and try to anticipate. Kell Brook is a decent choice but it'd be good to offset the qualities that Clottey would bring.

Plus given their history, I think Clottey would you know, actually work him. The last time Cotto was in a life and death war was against Clottey.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                what do you mean 'if'? that's the way he has to fight these days and he's already said he won't be running from Cotto so expect more of the same.
                IDK about he "has to these days" but he probably will fight him like that. I just think he also feels bigger & stronger moreso than before with also a different mentality. I do think you maybe overstating it if you think he's not capable of moving on his feet anymore. I mean he is older but it was only 2 fights ago that he was doing that against JMM

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  and fights him like he did Mosley & Ortiz? Maybe not walking him down all the way(atleast not until later) but just standing right in the center and not moving from him at all while being very aggressive. What happens if the fight goes that way?
                  Obviously Cotto will be hesitant cuz he'll be like "WTF" allowing Floyd to get off first. Which would suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    If Floyd takes the lead by controling the center of the ring by the 4 or 5th round he will have an easier fight with Cottos style. You back up a style like Cottos because he looses his ability to punch backing up. If he can't turn out after a step back he'll get stopped if Floyd wants to push the fight. I don't know Cottos will, I've seen him only twice and he reminds me of a light hitting Pepino Cuevas. Seems to be a southpaw converted and they struggle backing away as most fighters do.
                    I guess I'll see what Cottos made of regardless of victory or defeat, either way he needs to take advantage of the marketing opportunity in his biggest fight. My guess is that Floyd wins by KO if he works for it or settles on a distance win. Ray
                    alot of people debate about this. I see people on other sites who think that Cotto is now very good or atleast solid at fighting going backwards

Comment

• WINKY WRIGHT!!! Floyds new walk em down approach reminds me of winky

Comment

Working...
                      X