No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kantotinkyakita View Post
    Floyd made a big mistake in fighting Pac's leftover. It will not make him look good because he can never KTFO Cotto nor KD. He will run all night and win by UD. In the end, Pac's win > Floyd's win..
    Good point I dont think Floyd will kayo Cotto.

Comment

• This is simple guys, all that strategy talk is BS.

How did DLH and Castillo had succes? froget jabbing, and circling and all that.

They didnt stop to think what they were gonna do. Whatever they did, they didnt without stoping and thinking about.

If you try and think when you fight May, your screwed.

I think Cotto just needs to jab to get in, and then unleash punches and hit Floyd whereever he can, thats how Castillo did it, and with a much more mobile Floyd.

Comment

• KTFO is now an official stat in boxing. LMAO May will make cotto look ******.

Comment

• Come forward behind the jab, get Mayweather to the ropes and work the body. If he works the body early, its going to be a lot more competitive in the later rounds. Cottos body attack lately has been lacking though, so I imagine he gets outboxed from the outside for 12 rounds.

Comment

• Well obviously Cotto can't be dancing around and try to outbox Mayweather from a distance. So he would have to come forward and make the fight.

He needs to jab his way forward and step in behind his jabs, I always thought that a jab to Mayweather's chest is the best way to jab at him because of the way he moves his head, jabbing to his chest would offset him a bit. And Cotto can't just be throwing one jab, he needs to double it up, if not Mayweather will catch him over the top with that educated right hand over and over.

As with basically every other Mayweather opponent, he has to work the body with those hard left hooks. He showed a vintage Cotto hook to the body when he fought Margarito, it'll have to be there against Mayweather.

Defensively he needs to make sure he doesn't overshoot with his punches when he's on the way in, Mayweather is great at making opponents overshoot and counter. Cotto is already quite susceptible to uppercuts, even though I think his defense for that has improves, he's still open for it. Not only to the head but to the body. Mayweather is very good at countering downstairs. Cotto has to be weary of that because I personally don't think Cotto likes body shots very much.

Apart from that, stay disciplined. Don't go all Victor Ortiz on Mayweather and lose his head. Keep cool, don't get frustrated.

A little bit of a wildcard also is his ability to turn southpaw, we haven't seen it much in recent fights but he can do it as he is naturally left handed.

All in all, I find this to be a very interesting fight, 4 years too late or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
              No.

Floyd is going to prove he doesn't need CW to fight the champ.

Floyd is going to prove he has no fear of Cotto at any weight.

Cotto is the only fighter Pac forced to CW at 147. Why?

Then he wants to do it again at JMW. Why?

No, to the average fan Floyd is going to make Pac look like a damn fool. Floyd may have an annoying persona, but he's a boxing genius; he knows this game, and understands perfectly what he's doing.
              Too much love with your BF? You Floydiots claim that Pac fought a damaged goods in Cotto. Now you suddenly hype Cotto to be a stronger opponent as before? He'll not give you money man. How come you enjoy a runner in the ring? I'll stop posting here in BS if Floyd will engaged Cotto just like what Pac did.

Comment

• I like Pac, but IMO Mayweather moving to 154 to fight Cotto is a more dangerous fight than Pacquiao fighting Bradley, let alone Pac asked Cotto to come down to 147 where he hasn't fought since 2009.

Mayweather vs Cotto @ 154 is a legit fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                  You mean like when Mayweather dominated JMM and Pacquaio lost to him? Like that?
                  We are in 2012 man. Check your calendar

Comment

• Cotto is a good boxer though, Always has been. I see this fight being harder than expected. I don't Hate Mayweather at all, I'm just a boxing fan in general.

Comment

• I hope Floyd will fight toe to toe with Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X