No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I usually don't score a fight the first time around. I get more enjoyment out of it if I just watch. I'll take mental notes. If the bout is close or controversial, that's when I'll go back and score.

While Cotto put on a good show (much better than I expected), I didn't see him winning more than three rounds. A couple of rounds appeared close, but I thought Mayweather won those. It's possible that, if I scored later, I might see another round for Miguel; but it could also go the other way around. In any event, it was a clear win for Floyd. No need for me to check scores; it's academic.
    Good post.

Comment

• i can't even watch this fight with the biased floyd mayweather commentators constantly talking about how great floyd is and how he can do no wrong in there with cotto yikes!

Comment

• Floyd's and Cotto's Handspeed.

I thought Floyd looked a lot faster in this fight than he did against Ortiz and Mosley. Probably on par with the Marquez fight which was impressive with 10oz gloves on.
        Cotto also had lightning hands, I think thats the fastest I've seen him. Pedro Diaz has done a really good job.

Comment

• 7-5 cotto...miguel humbled floyd...also, margarito with good eyes would've beat the sht out of floyd ...

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbreaker View Post
            i can't even watch this fight with the biased floyd mayweather commentators constantly talking about how great floyd is and how he can do no wrong in there with cotto yikes!
            i turned off the audio after the 3rd round..those commentators were all over floyd's nuts...

Comment

• wow after watchin the fight again i cant believe how lop sided this fight really was, watchin it live seemed a lot more competitive than this, talk about crowd effect, the only rounds cotto got was round 6 and 8 and if i wanna stretch it a lil bit, maybe round 9 too but other than that this was not a close fight at all

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                They score Mayweather's rounds on how many punches he parries or how many times he holds. Tony Weeks looking straight at this fkin guy holding Cotto's arm for a whole minute and just touches him once to stop.

Must... stay.... on... topic...
                Then you really should read on up the subject. Both men where holding and Cotto had one arm free. Weeks told them to fight it out.

You guys are unbelievable. First you want Cortez to stay away because he doesn't allow in-fighting then you ***** about Weeks for letting them fight on the inside.

Mayweather threw more punches and outlanded Cotto almost 2:1. Floyd had a bloody nose and Cotto's face was swollen and eyes almost closed shot.

This was made by a "soft puncher" with 10oz Grant pillows.

Comment

• sh$tty TS scoring aside.

Cotto fought hard late not sure what TS was watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by DietyNubian View Post
                    Cotto normally fades around round 6 his stamina looked alot better to me u ugys need to relax he just fought Floyd Mayweather mayweather isn't some usual dudde from round the corner
                    i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Is not the fastest I ever seen him but he looked marvelous. His defence is actually the best I ever seen from him. To get hit with only 26% against one of the most accurate fighters of all time was something else.

Comment

Working...
                      X