No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Always View Post
    I thought it was awesome..... Just a cool, broad spectrum, of different big names, from different industries.

I must say tho, Gamboa looked like a Murder for Hire hitman.... He looked like a real bad ass.
    Lmfao, right!?

Gamboa is so intense. I've heard his personality is similar too lol. Gamboa easily p4p ahead of Cotto for "serious" face.

Kind of funny though that Floyd's crew has a LOT of haters individually. Someone is gunna start some kind of Justice Hate League for that group. lol

Comment

• what i saw tonight...

1. Cotto has clearly grown/developed into a true 154 pounder. Floyd is NOT

I thought Floyd did look slower, and at times looked tired. I don't think this is necessarily because of a decline, but Floyd is just not meant to fight at 154, and as much as Cotto didn't kill him with clean shots he was hit quite a bit, by a bigger, stronger opponent...this takes its toll on a guy

2. Floyd won, clearly

Not necessarily in the invincible fashion that we are used to seeing from Mayweather, but anyone with eyes and even a passing knowledge of how to score a fight could see that Floyd won handily. I will say that the scores were RIGHT, but deceiving simply taking the scores at face value doesn't work in this fight. It was a good, entertaining fight, and probably one of the closer 9-3 or 10-2 fights you will ever see...as a Floyd fan i was worried about this fight ever since it was announced. I was never convinced that Cotto was shot, and I did not like the idea of Floyd going up to 154 to fight him.

3. Cotto is NOT finished, and im glad

I think Cotto can still be a VERY good fighter at 154, and he should make a conscious effort to stay at this weight. I know Cotto is a warrior, and is a fight anyone, anywhere, at any weight type of guy, but especially when talking about Canelo, or Ortiz (some of the names being thrown around in here) Cotto is the "name" they should come to him

4. I have not changed my opinion on Mayweather v Pacquiao one bit

Floyd still beats Pac comfortably. Styles make fights and COtto did exactly what i feared he would be able to do against Floyd. Fortunately Floyd was able to grit through it and get himself a win. Manny could NOT fight the fight that Cotto did tonight, just cant do it.

5. Floyd can fight when he needs to

Kudos to Cotto for forcing Floyd off his game, and kudos to Floyd for fighting in a gritty style that we are not used to seeing from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        You mean the Mayweather numbers from past fights? Those i got from boxrec and the ones from tonights fight are from the HBO telecast.
        Yea, I was talking about the one tonight. I stopped watching after the announcement.

Comment

• Obvious troll is obvious

Comment

• You guys can **** around in this thread tonite, but there better be a pic of Bieber, Triple H, Fiddy & Floyd all together by morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              You're an idiot.
              Look in the mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
                How did you guys score Mayweather vs Cotto? Cause I scored it for Cotto. When I saw it live (HBO) I didnt score it but I felt Cotto won and the HBO commentary was biased and ******ed and disgraceful. Now I just finished watching the British BoxNation Broadcast and the commentary was an absolute disgrace, the commentators should be fired, they were acting as if Mayweather was outclassing Cotto the whole fight. They all want to hype the Pacquiao-Floyd fight, that's why they are all acting as if Mayweather was winning the fight.
                I scored the fight the 2nd time I watched it and I had Cotto winning 6 rounds to 4 with 2 rounds even. I scored the 5th and the 11th round a draw but as I said, I had Cotto winning. No bull****, no Floyd hate, I just scored it the way I saw it. How did you score it?

Here is my scorecard:
                Round 1: 10 - 9 Mayweather
                Round 2: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 3: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 4: 10 - 9 Mayweather
                Round 5: 10 - 10 Draw
                Round 6: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 7: 10 - 9 Mayweather
                Round 8: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 9: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 10: 9 - 10 Cotto
                Round 11: 10 - 10 Draw
                Round 12: 10 - 9 Mayweather
                ----------------------------------------------------------------
                Final Score: 114:116 Cotto

No way did Mayweather win this fight. NO WAY. A lot of rounds were close, and a lot of punches were blocked on both sides, but overall Cotto was outworking Floyd, showing good offence, landing good body punches and nice jabs. Floyd landed some decent shots from the outside, but only a few in the whole fight. Cotto blocked most of his punches or made him miss. HBO punch stats: forget it. Just a bunch of biased ridiculous crap.
                Cotto won, sorry guys, but that's how I saw it. And when you look at Floyd in between the rounds, you could see he was confused as hell. And when he pulled that stunt after the fight when he interrupted the Steward-Lampley fight conclusion, I knew Floyd knows he lost.
                This mofo has to be high!

Comment

• Pacquiao fought a better faster version of Cotto than Floyd.

Vs Cotto: Pacquiao landed 336, thrown 780/ Floyd landed 176, thrown 687 Are these legit numbers?

Why do Flo-mos say Pacquiao has no skill? Why do they keep saying Cotto was drained when he looked faster against Pacquiao than this bloated 154 version with 10oz gloves that Floyd fought?

Also so what if Floyd fought Cotto without a catchweight, Cotto at 154 looked slow compared to him against Pacquiao, supposedly Floyd fought the better version even though he was much slower than the one Pacman fought. If Cotto fought Pacquiao the way he fought Floyd he would be knocked out even sooner, when he fought Pacquiao he felt the power combos and started running, Cotto didn't respect Floyds power at all.

Manny countered over Cottos jab with the lead left, he figured Cottos jab out, but Manny no longer has this type of speed of foot and hand.

Last edited by hectari; 05-06-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• I agree 100% cotto got robbed.

Comment

• funny what losers are on this site. Cause you guys dont know jack about boxing. You just suck off the HBO crew and when Lederman says Floyd won all of the first 4 rounds, you believe it. When Manny Steward says "Floyd could have knocked him out in the 12th round", then you believe this absolute bullsh't. You guys are sheeps. F'cking sheeps without a brain. I laugh about you guys. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X