Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone watch on boxnation? commentators were a disgrace

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hawk View Post
      i think floyd let cotto have fun on the ropes on purpose just to get the crowd going, and in turn got a bloody nose. and people are running around seeing it as a weakness but i see it as just a unforseen/unlikely consequence he was willing to take for the risk of making an entertaining fight.

floyd was locking cotto's arms alot. is this legal? floyd has mastered a lot of "acting like its normal" tactics in his game that boost his advantage.
      I thought this too, he was outboxing him in the center for the first 5, then started inviting him in, maybe it was Cotto's doing I could be wrong... but it looked like Floyd wanted to fight his fight for a bit (you've noticed him being more exciting in previous fights, after people started calling him boring which he made comments on), he was beating him at his own game through most of it I thought (could give Cotto 3 rounds IMO) and then it seemed he started to avert to Boxing from long range a bit more, which was when he was clearly coasting.

Maybe it sounds like I'm giving Floyd too much credit, but it seems we think similarly here, that's what I felt when I was watching it. Maybe it was partly Floyd inviting him to fight his fight and partly Cotto applying good pressure, I don't know I could be wrong.

Overall a good card though, great fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        anyone watch on boxnation? commentators were a disgrace
        They were annoying me also. "Floyd comes back with punches which split the guard." Or something like that, in instances where the punches clearly landed flush on Cotto's glove.

Comment

• Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
          I think the 117-111 cards were wrong. the fight was closer than that.Cotto really impressed me tonight. When was the last time Floyd got hit that much ??
          when was the last time he didn't fight a hand picked opponent?

Comment

• Originally posted by boxmaniac123 View Post
            I told myself I will not spend a dime on Floyd or Pac until they fight each other. This is why they ultimately refuse to get in the ring with each other - because people keep buying their less-than-desired fights! We keep giving these two cowards money and they keep taking it. Until they are forced to fight each other they will continue giving us less than ideal fights. We have to stop, regardless of how much we love this sport. Floyd can keep making statements like "If I'm a coward then I'm a rich coward" or something to that effect. They always find a way to sign a contract with everyone but each other. As men I blame them not the promoters.

Just my two cents. I know many will disagree but I had to get this off my chest. Thanks.

If you wont pay for it.. dont watch it.. ur the scum of the earth that cheats for things in life. As a boxing fan you should support boxing.. if u dont think the fight is worth it then dont bother watching.

Comment

• one last thing... the ring needs to put Miguel Cotto back in their top 10 p4p..

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                I thought this too, he was outboxing him in the center for the first 5, then started inviting him in, maybe it was Cotto's doing I could be wrong... but it looked like Floyd wanted to fight his fight for a bit (you've noticed him being more exciting in previous fights, after people started calling him boring which he made comments on), he was beating him at his own game through most of it I thought (could give Cotto 3 rounds IMO) and then it seemed he started to avert to Boxing from long range a bit more, which was when he was clearly coasting.

Maybe it sounds like I'm giving Floyd too much credit, but it seems we think similarly here, that's what I felt when I was watching it. Maybe it was partly Floyd inviting him to fight his fight and partly Cotto applying good pressure, I don't know I could be wrong.

Overall a good card though, great fight!
                I was wondering if Floyd wanted to invite Cotto in more to try and open up Cotto's solid guard he employed. Even with precision if someone has a solid defence and tight guard it's hard to land clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
                  but thats not true. Floyd didnt win 5 of the first 6 rounds. forget the commentary and score it without audio, Cotto won AT LEAST half of the rounds at the first half of the fight
                  agreed.....

Comment

• Originally posted by tyson View Post
                    No, it's not. That's silly. You guys should stop watching sopcast streams and base your scores on three pixels updating every 3 seconds.
                    I watched a perfectly good stream that never went down and looked great. I didn't miss one second of action and called it right down the middle. Unfortunately I don't just gift rounds to Mayweather because he's Mayweather. Excuse me for not being on my knees for Mayweather and being blown away by everything he does, leading me to give him rounds he didn't win. C*nt.

How deep and insightful, clearly you had a meaningful argument to negate my statements.

I can do that to dip****.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      anyone watch on boxnation? commentators were a disgrace
                      They were pretty biased at times but I had no problem with their scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                      X