No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adamt View Post
    I know some is just promotion, but some boxing writers saying its a huge fight.

expecting the 2nd highest ppv buys, only less than dela hoya-mayweather

i dont get why?

cotto got battered by manny, so i dont see the huge appeal,
    im surprised its expecting to be more grossing than mayweather-hatton, there we at least had an undefeated opponent who had beaten a common boxer in castillo,

but this is spoken of in such a huge light,

am i missing something here?

sure cotto is a challenge for floyd, but nothing great

i know cotto was drained against manny, but 9 more pounds doesnt completely change a fighter. or does it?

what draws you to watch this on ppv, besides to watch floyds skills
    Well unlike Pacman Floyd isn't weight draining Cotto to get an advantage. He's facing him at Cottos best weight and moving up to face him. And also Floyd doesnt use PEDs and he's also not using plaster in his wraps so It's a cheat free fight.

Comment

• Considering how fast Cotto-Floyd was signed with no Arum around tells all we need to know about why it didnt happen sooner. Period.

Comment

• ok fair points thanks

so who you like?

is it another 95% mayweathers gonna win?

Comment

• Plastic Seam on Floyds n Canelos Glove

How come Cotto and Mosley didnt receive these??

Comment

• Before the Margarito defeat Floyd Cotto would have been the biggest fight in boxing. I think the intrigue is the notion that the old Cotto can ressurect himself for one fight and give us a taste of what might have been.

Comment

• Someone needs to get hit with the banstick for this forum!

Comment

• all these promoters do is talk fantasy---remember Schafer saying Mayweather-Mosley would do 3-4 million. These people are just so divorced from reality that they think hamburger can be sold as sirloin steak

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  two of the three biggest names in boxing, that's why.
                  This right here........

Comment

• Better late than never.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      I never said Mayweather avoided Cotto. I'm saying Mayweather retired in 2007 when the WW division was at a big point, had he stuck around for a couple years beat an undefeated Cotto/Marg coming off a Cotto win he would have received a lot more 'credit' for beating Cotto.

Mayweather dug his own grave by taking a couple years off during that time and then facing the guys 5 years later.

For what its worth, I dont think Mayweather ducked Cotto or Marg or was afraid of him I think he wanted to step out of boxing for a couple years and relax.
                      Ok...Williams lost to Quintana, margarito lost to Williams, Mosley lost to Cotto, Cotto lost to margarito, margarito lost to Mosley....

The ww division was so hot but nobody could put together 2 decent wins...gimme a break man

Floyd was retired for 16-19 months....while he was retired everybody was losing to each other
                      Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 05-05-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X