Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankfully only costs £10 in the UK & you get boxnation for the month.

Probably one of the few areas the UK is better than the US lol.

Comment

• and that would be a shame and that is why I have a problem with today's boxing fans

very disrespectful and never satisfied and they make things WAY TOO PERSONAL

Comment

• I'm calling it now, Floyd KOs Cotto via bodyshot.

Comment

• I'll give him credit but I notice a lot of people on this board think when you fight someone else's leftover their damaged goods. People said Cotto was damaged goods after the Margarito fight and PAC didn't get much credit. Than Mayweather's always saying PAC fights his left overs but you know where I going with this.....

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I don't think he deserves too much credit but I also don't think he deserves no credit either.

Which will be what he will get should he win.
            Well, on paper this win is phenomenal, considering it makes him a two time champ at 154. He deserves credit for that. More credit than Pacman got when he beat Cotto because Floyd didn't ask for weight stipulations & came in light anyway. As opposed to Pacman needing his weight advantage.

There is 1 fight that can define/enhance/& propell Floyd into legendary status IMO. That's him & Martinez. That's a fight I will bet on.

Comment

• Did y'all split the money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Well, on paper this win is phenomenal, considering it makes him a two time champ at 154. He deserves credit for that. More credit than Pacman got when he beat Cotto because Floyd didn't ask for weight stipulations & came in light anyway. As opposed to Pacman needing his weight advantage.

There is 1 fight that can define/enhance/& propell Floyd into legendary status IMO. That's him & Martinez. That's a fight I will bet on.
                I agree.

I want to see him fight Martinez. That's the fight I want.

Comment

• If that happens, it might have to do with the serious underrating of Cotto coming into this bout.

Steward said it. Even Cotto said in in Golpe a Golpe, something like "people are concentrating on my two defeats and on nothing else".

Nothing new, really. Cotto has been underrated for years.

Comment

• Depends on the performance if May destorys Cotto i'll be impressed especially sinc the fight is at 154 lbs and he's just beaten Margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      People will compare tonite's fight to Pac's beatdown of Cotto.
                      Not me. IMO, this fight is much more impressive than the Pacman fight. This fight is at 154lbs where Cotto is much more comfortable than 144lbs. He was definately drained for the Pacman fight.

He moved up from 140lbs because he could not make weight. At 144lbs he was drained for sure.

At this weight, he should be much more comfortable, and I could see him pushing Floyd quite a bit. I think Floyd will win an 8-4 or 7-5 type decision. This reminds me a lot of the Floyd/DLH fight.

Floyd is clearly going to be the smaller man in there. But I think he'll outbox Cotto, and cruise to a decision.

Cotto will look bush league out there tonight. Floyd is just light years ahead of him. He has zero defense, and is going to get picked off all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X