Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a mismatch period!!! Even in 2008/20009 when Cotto was hot he was too slow then to be a major threat to Mayweather, Now he has even more damage and more mileage to do Mayweather any harm, Margarito of 2006-2008 with his high volume of throwing punches would probably perform better than the best of any Cotto..

Comment

• I think Cotto will be competitive

Comment

• paulie said the same thing before pacquiao-cotto

Comment

• Joking aside, He's made some pretty spot on picks before..... or maybe it was Guerrero..... one of the two.
          I think it was Guerrero.... I forget, probably Guerrero

Comment

• So when Cotto dispatches Mayweather in about 5 rounds on Saturday...does this set up:

Cotto/Pacquiao II

or, preferrably

Cotto/Malignaggi II

?

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              So when Cotto dispatches Mayweather in about 5 rounds on Saturday...does this set up:

Cotto/Pacquiao II

or, preferrably

Cotto/Malignaggi II

?
              Pac/Cotto 2 out the window because they'll want it at WW.
              No, if he wins, it sets up Cotto/Mayweather 2.... if he wins.... or if he draws... or if either wins controversially

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Pac/Cotto 2 out the window because they'll want it at WW.
                No, if he wins, it sets up Cotto/Mayweather 2.... if he wins.... or if he draws... or if either wins controversially
                The $$ for a Cotto fight if he beats Mayweather goes up exponentially. Pacquiao will almost have to go up and face Cotto.

And I don't think Mayweather/Cotto II would happen immediately if Money loses. No way he comes out of jail to face Cotto again if he loses. He's digging up Bruseles as a warm up first.

And I was just ****ing around about Malignaggi fight, since Cotto almost killed him, but hey, if Paulie keeps knocking people out, maybe it'd warrant another look

Comment

• Mayweather doubting himself??

During one of their talks, according to Koncz, Mayweather dropped his guard.

"What if I lose?" Koncz says Mayweather asked. Taken aback, Koncz answered: "Well, what if you do? Then we'll have a rematch and make even more money."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-espn-****zine

I was really floored when I read this quote, if its true. this is the first time I have ever heard floyd doubt himself. Maybe floyd does doubt he can beat manny. just thought id share this with you guys... that article was a very good read
                  Last edited by Pretty Boy Greg; 05-03-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• I don't know why he would have doubt. I hate Mayweather and I think for 100% sure that he would completely neutralize Pac and make him look dumb. Easy win.

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      There will never be a way to really determine who was the most talented at anything. Having more talent or natural ability than someone doesn't mean you will beat the other person. PBF just might have more talent than Leonard and Robinson but I agree that he would lose to Leonard.

I am not one to hop on that Ray Robinson bandwagon. Robinson's best weight and prime was at 147 which they have no footage of. 160 it was said Robinson was past his prime and best days and not the fighter he was at 147. Seeing the little footage they have of Robinson at 160 I see the man has great skills and ability but I also was not impressed with what I saw. So if I can't see the best Robinson I will reserve judgement on him.
                      Here's my thing, Robinson fought at 10 times the frequency that Floyd does and his record is astounding. Just hearing Floyd say things like "taking those two years off allowed me to fully heal" tells me all I need to know in regards to what would happen to Floyd had he been fighting 2 times per month.

Floyd has managed his career very, very cautiously and extremely effectively, without this careful management I don't think he is where he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X