No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
    Yes I did watch it, the thing is very very few punches were thrown so they make it tight and DLH was the agressor that made it close *****S!!!
    First of all lets not use the term "aggressor" so loosely.

Anyways, you're telling me that for -lets say- 8 out of the 12 rounds. Fighter A comes forward and only throws bullshit flurries and misses damn near all of them. While getting counter punched by Fighter B that Fighter A should get credit for that? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
      Just like Floyd Snr felt after the fight, I had oscar winning
      Just like Floyd Sr you must be on crack. Right? Right? Don't deny it. I hope you don't have any kids so you don't use them as a shield. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        I have never seen him look in this good of shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Just like Floyd Sr you must be on crack. Right? Right? Don't deny it. I hope you don't have any kids so you don't use them as a shield. You should be ashamed of yourself.
          Wow!

Comment

• Dude...Cotto is gonna lose. Pretty simple.

Comment

• I dunno... It'd be a good fight had those two fought...

Now..Forbes Oscar... Yeah...don't think we need to answer that one. But because of styles, I think Cotto takes a bigger ass whuppin than Oscar.

Comment

• Mayweather: Dedicating this fight to Ellerbes mum... I'm getting better with age

FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "I'M GONNA BE A LOT SHARPER COME MAY 5TH...I WANT TO FIGHT AGAIN IN 2012"

By Ben Thompson | April 25, 2012

[B]FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

May 5th, I'm gonna dedicate this fight to Leonard Ellerbe's mother, who just passed away.

You got certain obstacles that get in your way throughout your career, but you have to be a strong individual...I always put my boxing first.

I think I'm going to be a lot sharper come May 5th because I'm getting right back in there.

A great thing about my career is that, as far as me taking long vacations, helped as far as letting my body heal totally.

I think I'm gonna be a lot sharper this fight than I was for the Ortiz fight.

I want to stay active. I want to fight again in 2012 before the year is up.

I think I'm getting better with age actually. I'm still sharp; I'm still hungry.

When I go into an arena, right, if the fans are cheering, that's a great thing. If fans boo, that's a great thing, because they're letting me know that I'm relevant and they're letting me know that they do know who I am...at one particular time in their life, they paid attention to me, so that's a good thing.

I don't think it's going to be an easy task for Manny Pacquiao, but I think that, you know, since I'm the face of boxing, have totally changed the sport of boxing, I'm the reason why they don't talk about heavyweights anymore...since I'm the face of the sport, I should be always, you know, like I said, trying to change the sport and make the sport a lot better.

Manny Pacquiao has done a lot in the sport, but he should also be standing behind me...if you're the best, step up and take the tests.

The game plan is to go in there and just do me.

I think Tito Trinidad is one hell of a fighter. You know, I think he was a helluva puncher, a helluva boxer...he's the one who kept boxing alive in Puerto Rico and he eventually handed it to Miguel Cotto.

I have a huge fan base in Puerto Rico myself. That showed the first press conference. I think there was 10,000 people in the arena and probably 5,000 was rooting for me.

The best man will win May 5th.

It was one mind trick when Bob Arum made him fight Manny Pacquiao at a catchweight...if a guy falls for certain things, certain tricks, he'll fall for it again.

I respect Miguel Cotto as a man, always...I don't really know him, but he seems like a cool guy.

Come May 5th, he's going to have to make me respect his boxing skills.
                [/B]

http://fighthype.com/news/article12272.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                  FLOYD MAYWEATHER: "I'M GONNA BE A LOT SHARPER COME MAY 5TH...I WANT TO FIGHT AGAIN IN 2012"

By Ben Thompson | April 25, 2012

[B]FLOYD MAYWEATHER:

May 5th, I'm gonna dedicate this fight to Leonard Ellerbe's mother, who just passed away.

You got certain obstacles that get in your way throughout your career, but you have to be a strong individual...I always put my boxing first.

I think I'm going to be a lot sharper come May 5th because I'm getting right back in there.

A great thing about my career is that, as far as me taking long vacations, helped as far as letting my body heal totally.

I think I'm gonna be a lot sharper this fight than I was for the Ortiz fight.

I want to stay active. I want to fight again in 2012 before the year is up.

I think I'm getting better with age actually. I'm still sharp; I'm still hungry.

When I go into an arena, right, if the fans are cheering, that's a great thing. If fans boo, that's a great thing, because they're letting me know that I'm relevant and they're letting me know that they do know who I am...at one particular time in their life, they paid attention to me, so that's a good thing.

I don't think it's going to be an easy task for Manny Pacquiao, but I think that, you know, since I'm the face of boxing, have totally changed the sport of boxing, I'm the reason why they don't talk about heavyweights anymore...since I'm the face of the sport, I should be always, you know, like I said, trying to change the sport and make the sport a lot better.

Manny Pacquiao has done a lot in the sport, but he should also be standing behind me...if you're the best, step up and take the tests.

The game plan is to go in there and just do me.

I think Tito Trinidad is one hell of a fighter. You know, I think he was a helluva puncher, a helluva boxer...he's the one who kept boxing alive in Puerto Rico and he eventually handed it to Miguel Cotto.

I have a huge fan base in Puerto Rico myself. That showed the first press conference. I think there was 10,000 people in the arena and probably 5,000 was rooting for me.

The best man will win May 5th.

It was one mind trick when Bob Arum made him fight Manny Pacquiao at a catchweight...if a guy falls for certain things, certain tricks, he'll fall for it again.

I respect Miguel Cotto as a man, always...I don't really know him, but he seems like a cool guy.

Come May 5th, he's going to have to make me respect his boxing skills.
                  [/B]

http://fighthype.com/news/article12272.html

Comment

• Mayweather will not hurt cotto

so I see alot of people saying this is mayweathers easiest fight and he will dominate and beat cotto badly like gatti lol first of all I didnt no floyd was mike tyson now, I mean floyd couldnt even stop baldomir, he took 11 rounds to stop the glass chin free shot ricky hatton lol...cotto will surprise u guys just watch

Comment

• Cotto is one tough sob...notice his only losses are to powerful high volume punchers...which floyd is opposite of

Comment

Working...
                      X