No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
    Wow, Cotto gets no credit on this site. Cant wait 'till they get on the ring. Floyd***uals will be crying after Miguel beats thier boy up.
    Its one thing to be a fan of Miguel, but its another to let that fandom and delusion make you cloud your judgment into thinking he is winning. Floyd's true opponent is Father Time, and with him saying that he is bowing out at 37, Father Time isn't going to be there then. Cotto is just the latest of casualties to the undefeated record.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      No way, that's like 17 per round.

I would put it at like 96 total punches which comes out to 8 punches a round. That's probably where it should be set.

No chance in hell Cotto lands 17 punches a round on Floyd......no chance anyone lands 17 punches a round on Floyd.
      I believe Castillo, on their first bout, had some rounds (four or five rounds) in which he landed more than 17 punches on FMJ. Not 100% sure, I will rewatch tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
        Your math skills suck (130/12 is MUCH closer to 10 than 17), but I agree with the rest. No way Cotto comes close to 130 punches.
        I don't know what the hell was up with my calculator at work but yea. I had a feeling it didn't sound right.

But either way....if Cotto goes 12 rounds and averages double digits in landed punches I'd be completely floored.

Comment

• The best 24/7 has been Hatton/Floyd for reasons brought here by other members.

Outside of that series, I particularly enjoyed Marques vs Floyd/Manny. In part because he's my country men, and then there is the curiosity of how you can be this good at this age. Next thing you know, we watch him drink pee, and run through a ******** volcano.

Well shyt on me.

Comment

• I can't believe I'm saying this but I might have to pass on the 3rd episode, I just really want to watch the fight and nothing else (well perhaps the weigh-in also). I sometimes rather watch youtube clips of their training camps and random interviews, feels more organic and they are truly in their element.

- The Gent

Comment

• Very good 24/7 overall for how civil Floyds been and how soft spoken Cotto is.

Random Thoughts...

Not enough Roger.

Maybe its just cuz Cotto's so soft..but im picking up a lil Vic Ortiz vibe after ep 2 (where he was happy to just get in the ring with FMJ and get a huge payday)...which sucks cuz i've really been thinking this is gonna be a better fight than people give it credit for being.

Cotto's oldest son seems kinda (festive...not against it..just saying).

Kinda wanna know more about Cottos trainer (his other fighters,his boxing history, doctorate?).

How much plastic surgery has Cottos wife gotten? I remember her being really average in the Pac/Cotto 24/7. She looks totally different.

50/Floyd best buds reality show coming soon on bET,VH1 or HBO? Its becoming obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                Instead of making 24/7 about the main event, it's should be about the main card. HBO should get some footage of the people fighting on the undercard. Mayweather already has been in five 24/7s, there not much you can do there except repeat the same damn stuff. Pacquiao has been in 5 24/7s, there's so much you can do with Pacquiao fibbing around LA and Baguio. Not only will it introduce the casual viewer to a new fighter, it would make the casual viewer be interested in the undercard fights.
                Yeah, surprised Mosley/Canelo didnt get a mini 24/7 like Cotto/Marg got.
                Ready for some new blood though...Broner comes to mind, used to say Rios..but im still hating on him after the Abril decision. Amir/Peterson would be cool to see but since there fighting around the same time as Pac that wont happen I bet.
                And im sure we all wanna peek at Sergios private life..to see whats really what with him.

Comment

• Wack......No excitement so far

Comment

• Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    Instead of making 24/7 about the main event, it's should be about the main card. HBO should get some footage of the people fighting on the undercard. Mayweather already has been in five 24/7s, there not much you can do there except repeat the same damn stuff. Pacquiao has been in 5 24/7s, there's so much you can do with Pacquiao fibbing around LA and Baguio. Not only will it introduce the casual viewer to a new fighter, it would make the casual viewer be interested in the undercard fights.
                    i would love for them to do that. especially in this one with alvarez and mosley. ortiz/berto 2 is on showtime right? weren't they suppose to have a fight camp 360? i was looking forward to that.

as for this series, it's pretty good. i was never a big cotto fan but i respect him. the last episode with the best friend sleeping and grabbing his ass, idk, i'm just going to keep quiet and let him do him, haha. his trainer seems pretty cool, i hope he gets to train more big name fighters. great story behind him as well.

Comment

• I think berto ortiz rematch is on HBO this time, I may be wrong though

Comment

Working...
                      X