No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Where are u guys comming up w these numbers? I heard like 5 million cotto gets?? That's about what I believe....
    I think that you can cut those telephone numbers in half, not even factoring in the published but ignored item that PPV/Cable etc take an immediate 50% of the PPV money. But, since the new sport is watching Mayweather burn $100 bills, and enjoy himself showing poor people pictures of his palatial mansion and expensive cars-still owned by the mortgage companies-it's become the norm to expect anything to do with Mayweather to be described in large numbers. Everything up to and including IRS debts.

I personally, feel a bit cheated that Mayweather doesn't wait until I can watch him beating up his women, for which he's been already convicted 3 times.

These other-peoples-money obsessed crazies are really enjoying themselves with this one. After this, when Mayweather is relaxing in gaol, or re-appearing in court to try to get his sentence annulled, the same loonies will descend on Manny Pacquiao's money, his ********, his women, his bad English, his ******ity, and more. The ambidextrous ones will also attack Bob Arum for being scum, a cancer, a thief, a ***, a crook, a fight fixer, being 2 ***s, and a dairy farmer. These cretins will think up more as they progress.

In the meantime, all the "big mouths-no brains" dumbheads are evidently expecting some of that money to drop into their hands.

Me, I'm just amusing myself by watching them. The latest American boxing fan frenzy.
    Last edited by edgarg; 04-23-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• They can't control themselves, look how angry they get knowing he's undefeated and RICH as hell. This is a sign for all fighters, you stay with Bob Arum you're gonna be a broke clown, like Poochiao. Leave TR and you are one rich man. It's great knowing that Cotto will be receiving more money than Pac has ever gotten in his career.

Comment

• Thoughts on Episode 2 of 24/7...

What did you guys think about it? Anything cool you noticed you liked, or things that bugged you?

I liked the first episode better overall, but this one was pretty good too. It showed almost no training and boxing but focused on more of their lives outside the ring.

I really liked the end where Floyd was talking about who he would have to take with him if he were to go to war, got me pumped (and he said he would take his father because he has a kill or be killed attitude just like himself, mad respect.)

Another thing I would like to know about how you guys feel is when Floyd was talking in his "Speaking Out" show about how commentators (like Merchant) are boxing experts calling fights for HBO but have no actual boxing experience (never fought or trained for boxing). I agree with him that in order to have true insight into a sport (not just boxing) you need to have competed. Sure Merchant has watched boxers for 50 years but he has never fought and when this is the case you miss a lot of subtleties and things going on that they can never understand. What do you guys think about this?

It was also funny how he dissed Cotto's "team loyalty" notion by saying how real loyalty is what he and roger have - no contract, been going for 16 years and from the heart. This was actually a good diss that was logical (rare from Floyd lol).

Comment

• The first episode was really good. I would rank that episode as one of the best they have ever done. The second episode was bad from start to finish. I would rank that as one of their worst.

Comment

• They should stop making 24/7. The show has really run its course. Just the same boring repetitive **** with the same boring fighters. It peaked with Hatton-Mayweather.

Unless they focus on fresh fighters. I would like to see Chisora-Haye 24/7 or something.

Comment

• Pedro Diaz is the best Person this 24/7... they should have done it like the first one

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                They should stop making 24/7. The show has really run its course. Just the same boring repetitive **** with the same boring fighters. It peaked with Hatton-Mayweather.

Unless they focus on fresh fighters. I would like to see Chisora-Haye 24/7 or something.
                I agree I mean what's the point of making 24/7 episodes on fighters we already know about

Comment

• Cotto has been acting really suspect lately.

-Kissing grown men in the lips
                  -Sleeping with men in the same bed
                  -Crying and being overemotional

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    Cotto has been acting really suspect lately.

Yea, I wouldn't cry if I talked about my dead dad either.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      Cotto has been acting really suspect lately.

Mayweather looks more comfortable with Mr.Jackson than Ms.Jackson...

Comment

Working...
                      X