Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    1.6 million at 50 bucks is $80,000,000

Right off the bat the satellite and distribution companies get half.

That leaves 40 mil for advertising, HBO, the fighters etc.

Cotto ain't getting anywhere close to 30 mill and this fight ain't doing anywhere near 1.6 million buys.
    It'll be 60 for SD and 65 for HD man.......Not 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
      Nah after Gate income, sponsorship money, movie ticket revenue, and international television deals if the ppv for America hits 1.6 million he will make in the $30 million dollar area.
      Nah bro, it would have to do like around 2mil buys for and then add on all the other revenue for Cotto to get 30mil.

This about it, if Cotto gets 30mil how much is Floyd going to get? Where would that money come from in 1.6mil buys?

Oscar-Floyd when it was all said and done, Floyd got around 25mil and Oscar got around 52mil. And, that was breaking every PPV record there was. Unless Floyd is taking a pretty big pay cut from his previous fight I don't see it.

It would have to do Tyson-Lewis/Holyfield II like numbers. 1.9mil buys and 19mil gate...For Cotto to see that type of money.

Comment

• Decent episode imo.

Cotto's trainer has been the most impressive character of the series so far.

Comment

• Cotto is not making anywhere near 30 mil unless PPV hit more then 2 mil

Btw i thought floyd's opponents dont get a PPV percentage, just a flat fee like he offered Manny

Comment

• If the money is going to be split 65/35 and Cotto is getting $30mil, that would mean Mayweather would be getting $56mil. Both numbers seem a bit high to me for this fight. But if that's what they are making then that's watsup!

Comment

Cotto expecting $30 million purse
              I think someone came up with $30,000,000 using fuzzy math. I can't see Cotto getting that much. Supposedly Oscar & Floyd totaled $77,000,000 ($52M for Oscar, $25M for Floyd) & they had 2.4M PPV buys. And Cotto took home $12M for Pac (on a 65/35 cut with 1.2M buys) so I'd suspect he's taking home about that if not a few mill more (maybe $15M-$17M/max) with a few hundro thou more buys.

Comment

• Why does the May vs. Pac fight not happening has to be someone's fault or someone ducking? These are two superstars used to getting their own way in negotiations. They both say they don't need the other one and they are both right. Their last fights were good fights, their up coming fights are good fights and they will have more good fights after that, just not with each other. Why not enjoy these two great fighters and quit worrying about a fight that will probably never happen? This thing about in the good old days the best always fought the best is bull. I was a fight fan in the good old days and sometimes the best fought the best but lots of times they did not.

Comment

Cotto expecting $30 million purse

By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), who will defend his WBA 154-pound belt on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25 KOs), will receive the best purse of his life with a 65/35 split of the pay-per-view. Cotto, who until December 31 was tied to Top Rank, traveled to Las Vegas a few weeks ago to hear the offer of Bob Arum before making a decision that was revealed on Wednesday by Mayweather Jr. to NSAC commissioners when he was approved for a 2012 boxing license.

The Sport Press revealed on December 13 that negotiations for the fight were moving forward during the WBC Convention in Las Vegas. The contract itself has not been signed but details are expected to be finalized in about two weeks. Golden Boy Promotions will be the lead promoter along with Mayweather Jr. and Cotto.

from fight news
                  Look at all those statistics they provided in the article to come to that conclusion

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    It is his biggest payday. I believe I read it was anywhere between 15 to 25 million.
                    The sad thing is if Cotto had agreed to fight Pacquaio again, he would only have received a $5 million guarantee and would have had to sign for five more fights with Top Ran. I am glad Cotto saw the light and walked away. Unfortunately, what this means is he will never get the rematch with Pacquaio because Arum will not allow anyone to fight one of his guys unless they are under contract to Top Rank.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Decent episode imo.

Cotto's trainer has been the most impressive character of the series so far.
                      I agree with you

Comment

Working...
                      X