Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• much more appealing.

Comment

• The Canelo match-up has more holes in it, that is why it wouldn't (and shouldn't) happen right now. Ideally, Cotto/Canelo would've fought to get a fight with Floyd, but given this ******ed situation, Floyd had to choose someone quick, and Cotto is the match-up that is most fool-proof.

Canelo:
      -inexperienced against top opposition
      -hasn't had one name-worthy opponent on his resume yet
      -in his physical prime, but I don't believe he's mentally prepared for Floyd's mind-games
      -Skill-set isn't developed enough yet, this comes with fighting top opposition lmao
      -Might be young enough to bounce back from a lost, but is also young enough to get damaged as well

Canelo is still in the developing stages as a fighter, more of a prospect than a champion. IMO, he needs to fight at least 2 top 10 JMWs before he steps in the ring with Floyd. If he can get in 2 fights before October, then he could very well be the guy who fights the winner of Floyd/Cotto in November (while Bob Arum is still playin games on the other side).
      Last edited by kiaba360; 02-01-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• The fight is at 154

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I always knew as soon as he said May 5th he would be fighting a Mexican.
          hahahahaha!... a Mexican ??

Comment

• he was better off going in jail

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              my point is that he's not unless he chooses to. This thread is wrong. Everyone says 154, including Cotto last week, Schaffer today, and Floyd 20min ago on boxing scene
              Cotto's ring weight is around 160lbs, so why is going to try and cut some extra few lbs when he could come in at 154lbs.

He may be a 1lbs out and come in at 153lbs but anything less and it will be clear that this is a catchweight fight.

Comment

Comment

• Personally, I'm satisfied.

This is more than good enough of a substitute for Mayweather-Pacquiao. I've been wondering about this match-up for years, and Cotto is relatively still the same guy. The only guys to beat him were fighters who were stronger than him, not fighters who could outbox him.

And I doubt that Floyd will Margarito or Pacquiao him into a TKO, the way they did. It will be interesting to see how Floyd will fight him.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                      Mexican Independence Day is September 16.

May 5 is The Day of the Battle of Puebla.
                      I stand corrected it is El Dia de la Batalla de Puebla
                      (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla) Cinco De Mayo.

Comment

Working...
                      X