Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    200lbs? For real?
    That's just a rough estimate. He was wearing a suit, so, that also makes you look bigger. But, I'd say at the very least he was walking around 170lbs.

I've also seen PAC in person, and if I were to put the two next to each other, it would appear like Cotto would atleast be two divisions above him.

Comment

• Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      All my points to none off yours (i dont care for points just like to have bets on fights with other posters) Floyd stops Miguel or its a bigger margin then 117-111.
      I'l take that bet.....?

Comment

• There's a good reason why Pacquiao didn't fight Cotto at full strenght, and even then Cotto was able to break one of his ear drums. If Pacquiao fights Cotto at 154, Cotto will win the rematch, but Roach and Arum will never sign off. They want Cotto weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
          If Oscar hits harder than Cotto, then Mayweather already took some good shots of Oscars and didnt even stagger. Anyone know what size gloves they used in that Oscar - Floyd 154 fight.
          Delahoya hit hard as a light wieght and Jr welter but when he moved to welter he started to lose steam. Than Mayweather Sr patty cake drills on pads won't help in perfecting power shots. Osacar also stop going to the body when he was with Mayweather it's like he forgot how to throw a good left hook to the liver so your statement dosn't hold water

Comment

• of course

de la hoya hit harder than cotto at every weight he ever fought

he had a cannon in his left hand. an absolute cannon. there's no comparing the power of the two

Comment

• Yes.

Without any question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                There's a good reason why Pacquiao didn't fight Cotto at full strenght, and even then Cotto was able to break one of his ear drums. If Pacquiao fights Cotto at 154, Cotto will win the rematch, but Roach and Arum will never sign off. They want Cotto weak.
                weight didn't lose him that fight, he rehydrated well and signed the contract to fight so no excuses. Cotto lost to Pacquiao because he couldnt handle pressure and started running, he does that everytime someone bullies him back and he can't impose his size on an opponent. Cotto ran from Margarito, Mosley, Clottey, and Pacquiao.

If Floyd puts pressure on Cotto and withstands the body attack early, Cotto will run against Floyd too. If Floyd lets Cotto jab him and Floyd starts moving than Cotto will apply pressure all fight and it will be bad for Floyd cause Cotto likes guys who don't try to go toe to toe, Cotto is good at fighting guys who stick and move, he just cant fight pressure fighters well.

The only way Cotto beats Pacman in a rematch is if Pacman is completely shot and his legs are really gone.

Comment

• Possibly. As long as he Boxes him. Cotto did well in those first 5 rounds against Pac, obviously losing 3 of the 5 because he got dropped in 3 and 4. But I felt rounds 1 and 5 he won, and although he got dropped in round 3, he was able to pressure pac right and utilize his bigger size to his advantage. I don't think a shootout with Pacquiao is ever a good idea, but if he's allowed to fight at 154lb, I think his chances are better. Although I think with Pac's aggressive style, it still makes a tough fight for Cotto regardless. So yes, I think he has a chance of winning, whether or not I'd pick him to win is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    What you dont you understand is the CW pulling them down HURTS them , take the CW away its a different fight , Pac has proved he wants no part of Cotto without a CW twice he walks without it , dont handicap a guy and then brag you beat him , he wouldnt fight Margo without one either , its manipulating conditions forcing a handicap , thats what you dont get !!
                    What you don't ****ing understand is that Cotto had several fights at that same wieght before hand. What we all know is that you have Floyd's nuts lodged so far down your mouth that the **** you speaks makes no sense. Honestly at this point I want cotto to win if not only to see your **** riding ass will stop trolling here. Actually you prolly won't, you'll jut sit here and continue to post irrelevant nonsense. You really need to spend a much time a you do talking **** and really watch the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I'l take that bet.....?
                      Cool Surgeon.I dont have any space to sig but if Cotto basically makes it a closer fight then losing by 117-111 or wins you can have all my points.

Comment

Working...
                      X