No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chibomber View Post
    Whoa there..Canelo is ok and all but he still hasn't proven himself period. It would be like fighting another Ortiz. The inexperience will kill him in the end. Let him beat Mosley and another 2 or 3 fighters before even putting him in with Floyd.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion about Canelo. The only people who should worry about Canelo being ready for Floyd is Canelo and his team and they say they want the fight right now. He was in the running to fight Floyd on may 5th but Floyd chose Cotto. It is not Floyd's job to worry about Canelo's career and whether he has enough experience, that's Canelo's job. Floyd should only worry about is #1 will I make money and #2 is he a worthy opponent. I think Floyd would make more money with him than anyone else except Pac. Canelo is an undefeated champion rated #2 at 154 by Ring . If Floyd is saying I don't want to fight Canelo yet because he will have a better chance to beat me with more experience somehow I don't believe him.I rate Canelo not by who he beat but by what I see. I see a guy who is the best in the world at 154. I have been watching fights for 53 years and have confidence in my judgement.If I am wrong it sure would not be the first time. We will see how he does with Mosley. I do not see why he needs 3 more fights after Mosley . He has had almost 3 times as many fights as Floyd when he won the 130 lb tittle. Floyd might be retired by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      that is a hate article, simple as that..

Comment

• Cotto will be the same

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          By less than a percent at the moment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Glad everybody has came to there senses.

It so obvious that Floyd can't KO Cotto.
          Nobody was saying that, you won your little straw man argument, congrats. I love how you keep ducking my bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            There will be no chess match. None of these fighters have a high boxing IQ. The only one that did was Marquez, and we all saw what happened there.
            Boxing IQ is irrelevant. Marquez had struggled with the likes of Juan Diaz and looked great against Pacquiao. Styles make fights. If it were the case that ring IQ automatically grants you a win, then let's set up a Marquez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr fight, he clearly is way ahead in the ring IQ dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

Nobody was saying that, you won your little straw man argument, congrats. I love how you keep ducking my bet.
              When I make a statement about the fight, be sure I will be willing to back it up.

Unlike some on here.

Comment

• They should see how Cotto fights with a guy that moves and jabs a lot.
                Cotto's left hook seems to be the killer punch.

Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman

Comment

• To Cottos trainer: I hope you think Floyd fights that way.

Comment

• It's funny to read these comments about how cotto is not going to change his style this late in his career but these are the very same people that was hyping cotto up right after the 2nd fight with marg and right when Floyd picked cotto these very same people was saying its a good choice since its a new and improved cotto lol!!

Comment

• The trainer is not going to be in there with Floyd. Chalk up another W for PBF

Comment

Working...
                      X