No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Diaz will need alot of different gameplans and constantly change the look they give Floyd, because he adjusts so quickly. I just want a great night of boxing and if Cotto pulls off the miracle, that'll just be the cherry on top.
    what a night that would be for boxing history

Comment

• He has, but Cotto would have to be really careless or really shot to get stopped by Mayweather.

His only losses have been from the ref stopping the fight, cause Plasterito, and Pacquiao threw more than 750 punches (987 and 780 respectively).

Now unless Floyd throws more than the 497 punches he threw against Marquez(which according to Compubox, is the most he has thrown in his last 7 fights), he isnt going to get enough to make the ref stop the fight, and as we all know Cotto has only unwillingly been down three times in his career, once against Torres, where he was killing himself to make weight, and twice against Pacquiao which was at a catchweight, so he might as well had killed himself to make weight.

So my point is, Floyd can, but it will be highly unlikely to happen.

Comment

Diaz will need alot of different gameplans and constantly change the look they give Floyd, because he adjusts so quickly. I just want a great night of boxing and if Cotto pulls off the miracle, that'll just be the cherry on top.
        Agreed..........

Comment

• If you know boxing you've heard of Pedro Diaz
          Floyd knows Diaz talent and knows he will meet
          a different Cotto on may 5th
          I want a WAR
          Give me that and i'm happy

Cotto over undefeated Floyd
          is something that our kids will talk about
          in this same forum ten years from now...

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
            The only tactic I can see Cotto using successfully is taking out his bike and avoid getting knocked out, lasting the distance for a "moral victory".
            There are several tactics Cotto can use to win. There are tactics and strategies that can turn L's into W's if used right, but I'm not in the Cotto camp so I don't know what they're working on. If Cotto tries to box or pressure Mayweather without using specific tactics, he gets picked apart; if Diaz has him doing the strategies I have in mind, he has a good shot at winning.

I don't have that info, so I wouldn't bet against Mayweather (I have him winning by UD), but I certainly don't rule Cotto winning out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              What makes Floyd a great fighter is his ability to adjust. But when he does adjust it's a one shot deal and he's pretty much coasting on from there. It'll be really interesting if and when Floyd adjusts, but so then does Miguel and a chess match ensues.
              Cotto doesnt play chess, he's more of a checkers kind of guy
              Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                There are several tactics Cotto can use to win. There are tactics and strategies that can turn L's into W's if used right, but I'm not in the Cotto camp so I don't know what they're working on. If Cotto tries to box or pressure Mayweather without using specific tactics, he gets picked apart; if Diaz has him doing the strategies I have in mind, he has a good shot at winning.

I don't have that info, so I wouldn't bet against Mayweather (I have him winning by UD), but I certainly don't rule Cotto winning out of the realm of possibility.

His trainer better make Cotto work on a Plan A, B, C, D, E, .... because if A doesn't work then he can try B, then C and so on.

Unfortunately, from what I have seen of late from Cotto, I don't see it happening. Cotto needs to be reborn!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  His trainer better make Cotto work on a Plan A, B, C, D, E, .... because if A doesn't work then he can try B, then C and so on.

Unfortunately, from what I have seen of late from Cotto, I don't see it happening.
                  He hasn't fought anyone near Floyd's competitiion level though, he hasn't needed more than one gameplan recently. The times he did, against Clottey and Pacquiao, Santiago was in way over his head and gave no good tactical advice and from what I saw no gameplan going in. I'm not saying Cotto can execute all these gameplans if Diaz makes them, but it's not out of the realm of possiblilty.

Comment

He hasn't fought anyone near Floyd's competitiion level though, he hasn't needed more than one gameplan recently. The times he did, against Clottey and Pacquiao, Santiago was in way over his head and gave no good tactical advice and from what I saw no gameplan going in. I'm not saying Cotto can execute all these gameplans if Diaz makes them, but it's not out of the realm of possiblilty.
                    Cotto never makes adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
                      Thoughts on whether mayweather could stop miguel cotto by KO?
                      Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Comment

Working...
                      X