Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't necessarily need power to stop somebody. Hatton had fought big punchers before stepping in the ring with Floyd and we all saw what happened. If you hit your opponent with clean shots that he doesn't see coming round after round after round...you got a recipe for a late TKO. Clottey doesn't hit hard but at some point he had the commentators saying "Cotto's corner might have to stop it".

Comment

• he has the ability to cut cottos face up resulting in a stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        You don't necessarily need power to stop somebody. Hatton had fought big punchers before stepping in the ring with Floyd and we all saw what happened. If you hit your opponent with clean shots that he doesn't see coming round after round after round...you got a recipe for a late TKO. Clottey doesn't hit hard but at some point he had the commentators saying "Cotto's corner might have to stop it".
        you make some good points !!! but you have to remember hatto had a glass jaw and it tookmayfeather a whole 10 rounds to knock him out while manny shattered his jaw in 2 !!!!!!

Comment

• Yes... But not the style, i dont think it would be a one punch ko but volume would do the job, just not floyds style

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Floyd has stunning power. Not KO power. I dont ever recall Floyd flat out KO'ing someone with 1 punch ala Pacquiao/Hatton. He slowly ko's/tko's his opponents with cumalitive accurate punches.
            Anybody could have one punch ko'd Hatton that night.

Juan Lozcana damn near one punch KO'd his ass...with a check-hook no less.

Where was Pac's crunching power against JMM at WW..??

Floyd put JMM on his ass at WW...

Comment

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post
              The last time he moved up in weight, Floyd wobbled Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar's got a better chin than Cotto. So, yeah potentially.

Floyd's sitting down on his punches a lot more these days!
              That punch would of dropped Cotto no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
                Floyd had the power to drop JMM on his ass at Welterweight...after 2 years off..

Did Pac...?

Last I checked JMM put the beats on Ms Pacman...
                i bet 50k he does lmao

Comment

• Floyd sure did, but he didnt try to KO Marquez. Same for Cotto, I think if Cotto gets Floyds respect with his decent power, Floyd will pot shot and outbox Cotto to a decision, however, I still have a feeling its a 10th round stoppage for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
                    Thoughts on whether mayweather could stop miguel cotto by KO?
                    Of course he has the power... If he didnt cats would walk through his supposedly feather fisted punches. a 167 ortiz didnt run through them, Mosley didnt, no one really does. Floyd brings pain that jab tO the pit of thE stomach is the most underrated thing in his arsenal IMO...

I think hes gonna fold cottos ass up like a lawn chair. You got kids on here saying Floyd is scared, but Floyd asked for smaller gloves, so we are truly about to see. You dont ask for smaller gloves if you dont plan on giving a pure ass whoopin!!!

SPEED RESILIENCY AND THESE FOOLS WILL GO BACK TO BARKING ABOUT PACMAN MAY 6TH...LOL

Comment

• timing + technique + a punch you don't see coming = dirt nap

Comment

Working...
                      X