Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ***** talkin'll get worse once the fight draws nearer.

This gon' be good!

Comment

• The ***** talkin'll get worse once the fight draws nearer.

This gon' be good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        oh he's going to talk mad **** bout Cotto trust that
        I disagree. First of all he has to talk his opponent up cause he knows the public will be pissed about him not fighting Pac.

Plus I think there's a mutual respect there.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Robert Guerrero has been removed as a possible Mayweather opponent on May 5 because of negative reactions to a fighter, who is coming off a shoulder injury and is merely a lightweight compared to the welterweight Floyd.

Arum said he learned Mayweather’s camp had decided to put the money up for Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, after initially refusing to pay what the Mexican he wanted.

“They are just floundering around,” said Arum, who also bluntly stated that while Miguel Cotto was also being considered as a possible opponent for May 5, “they (Mayweathers) are not going to get him.”
          http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/i...012/january/13

By Michael Collins: While it seems that Top Rank promoter Bob Arum isn’t too excited about matching his fighter WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao up with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May, Arum also doesn’t appear to want Mayweather fighting one of his guys WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto. Arum told the Manila Standard “They are not going to get him [Cotto].” Arum doesn’t like the May 5th Pacquiao-Mayweather fight for a several reason. A. Pacquiao’s cut right eyebrow won’t be ready by then says Arum; 2. The MGM Grand is too small and an outdoor 45,000 seat arena won’t be ready until the end of May; C. There won’t be enough time to promote the fight if it takes place on May 5th.
          http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=30338&more=1

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            Stop making **** up!
            I meant more power punches landed than Oscar landed total punches

Comment

• Originally posted by zphd View Post
              Leonard ducked Pryor. The Leonard-Hearns fight was "marinated" for quite a while. The Leonard-Hagler fight also happened later, after Hagler won a Pyrrhic victory against Mugabi. Tyson and Lewis fought way beyond their prime. And so forth.

BTW I'm a huge fan of all the above boxers. All I'm saying is that this stuff has happened in the past as well.
              Leonard offered Pryor a career high purse, but Pryor turned it down because he wanted more, as Pryor stated in his interview after beating Lennox Blackmoore.

The "marination" of the Leonard-Hearns bout really wasn't that long. The fight still took place just 10 months after Leonard regained his title against Duran.

Anyway, this fight is decent. 4 years past when it would have been best unfortunately. I never bought into the "hungry young lion" nonsense. Cotto is better than young fighters like Canelo, Ortiz, and Khan and this is a better matchup.
              Last edited by Thread Stealer; 02-01-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Yea baby! War Cotto! I imagine Mayweather will win a decision, but I'm pulling for Cotto all the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                  I second this. He never wanted to fight Manny, it was ALWAYS going to be a Mexican.
                  Cotto ain't Mexican.. He's Puerto Rican.. I think its a good fight for boxing.. Manny had his chance and didn't step to the plate.. The thing I like about Cotto is he never get into the whole boxing politics and justs takes the money and shows up to fight.. After watching Manny last fight with Marquez.. It showed me that Manny hasn't got better since their last fight.. I think Mayweather would of beaten Manny and Bob arum knows it.. I hope Cotto beats Mayweather and then beats Manny on their rematch to shut up all these May vs Manny crap..

Comment

• Dan Rafael @danrafaelespn
                    Spoke to Richard Schaefer about Floyd-Cotto. Weight is 154. PPV network deal not done yet. Wouldn't comment on if there's a rematch clause.

Comment

• I really want to hear a comment from Arum or DuBoeff.

Comment

Working...
                      X