No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
    PRICE himself out...MAN! Manny is the one pricing himself out... There's huge difference in PPV's and how the money is split...

Let me ask you something Chief...If Manny is so EXCITING and Floyd is so BORING...why is Floyd out selling Manny on a consistent basis???

Thank you!!! THIS IS REAL TALK OVER HERE!
    Outselling?? With Mosley they where about the same in PPV buys, but with Marquez, Floyd only generated around 1.2mill PPV and Manny generated around 1.6mill... Not always with Floyd...

Comment

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
      OK let's go by your logic, let's just say that a Floyd/Manny fight will easily generate a 2.5mil PPV buys, and let's say at 60bucks a piece, that's around 150mill, excluding sponsorships deals.. So in PPV alone, even at 50/50 split, each fighter will get 75mill easily....

While with a Floyd/Sergio fight, PPV buys utmost will only go up to 1.2mill and i am being generous here, so at 60bucks that will go around 72mill in total... So at 80-20 split Floyd will only get around 57.6mill for his share.... And this is a riskier fight to take, and for the Manny fight PPV price sales can go up to 65-75 bucks per buy....

Now you gauge which ones better money wise....
      I think you are selling a Mayweather - Martinez fight a little short. This would be Mayweather taking on the biggest challenge of his career for the Middleweight tittle. If this fight did less than 1.4 then they did a VERY poor job promoting this fight. I think 2.5 is doable for a Floyd - Manny fight but a little on the high end 2.3 is what I'm predicting. My math is 67.2 million at 80% Sergio and 69 million at 50% for Manny. Not much of a difference in ppv revenue.

Comment

Outselling?? With Mosley they where about the same in PPV buys, but with Marquez, Floyd only generated around 1.2mill PPV and Manny generated around 1.6mill... Not always with Floyd...
        pac and jmm did 1.45 not 1.6

Comment

ROFLL Omg my sides are hurting, stop posting please!

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            No its not REAL TALK, its bumsniffery and there is way too much of it in relation to Floyd. He doesnt outsell him by much, so its ridiculous to use that as an argument. Again, Floyd knows that this fight doesnt get made unless the terms are roughly equal, so with that in mind, does he want the ****ing fight or not?
            No ones getting 50/50...end of story!

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
              pac and jmm did 1.45 not 1.6
              Still better, i am just typing by memory, thank you for the details...

Comment

Mayweather vs Marquez on Mexican Independence Day 1m PPV

Pacquiao vs Marquez III 1.41m PPV

That means 41% more people watched Pacquiao over Mayweather against Marquez

Marquez was written off more against Pacquiao, It was Mayweather's much hyped comeback fight and ofcourse Mayweather needed the Mexican holiday to sell the fight.

But even with all that Pacquiao PPV buys were 41% up on Mayweather's numbers.

Comment

• when is floyd moving up to middleweight???

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                    I think you are selling a Mayweather - Martinez fight a little short. This would be Mayweather taking on the biggest challenge of his career for the Middleweight tittle. If this fight did less than 1.4 then they did a VERY poor job promoting this fight. I think 2.5 is doable for a Floyd - Manny fight but a little on the high end 2.3 is what I'm predicting. My math is 67.2 million at 80% Sergio and 69 million at 50% for Manny. Not much of a difference in ppv revenue.
                    OK... Let's just say that Floyd will earn exactly the same on a Manny or Sergio fight... Then why not fight the fight with much less risk on it!!! Or thus Floyd think that Sergio is way more beatable than Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
                      No ones getting 50/50...end of story!
                      I dont know what that has to do with what I posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X