No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Spin it however you want, Floyd came back with the express desire to fight Manny and would have done by now if he had just manned the **** up and got on with it. Its 2012 and we still have no fight. Floyd's comeback has been a total sham so far...I mean 3 sub par fights in all that time??? GTFOH with that crap!

The Cotto fight is ok, but up until now he has taken the public for a ride like some cheap ass second hand car salesman, lottery soda and all.
    If you blame floyd for this fight not happening then its clear you are more of a floyd hater than a boxing fan. Hate floyd for his arrogance and his egtistical **** talking all you want. But be able to seperate right from wrong.

It was wrong for manny to not agree to fight in Dec 2009 just because floyd asked for OST. No viable reason to refuse. To come back now and be willing to accept the same deal is pathetic.

Manny is a congressman. When politicians change like this its called a "flip-flop". One doesn't get credit for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      SO its floyds fault Martinez got started late and is older than most fighters.

Manny never agrees to things when they are offered. Only when they are taken away does he want it back like a spoiled child.

SO manny agrees to requests 4 months down the road and that is ok with his fans. Shameful. Floyd made the same number of demands as manny. Floyd just didn't run from manny's requests.
      No it is Floyd fault if he doesn't fight Martinez next, this year instead of waiting until the guy gets to be about 39/40.

Floyd said he wanted to fight Martinez after Mosley, but then came the Williams KO, then Floyd went quite. How old does Martinez have to wait till Floyd feels he is ready?

So why would Floyd want to take things away when they would get him the fight?

Logical explanation, he doesn't want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Floyd taken something of the table when Pacquiao is willing to accept it for the sake of the fight.

Sound like Floyd really doesn't want the fight to happen.

What next Floyd taking 50/50 of the table even though Pacquiao is the bigger draw?

Surely not
        Manny isn't doing it for that reason. He is doing it because his options are running out and his position on no OST was ridiculous.Please.

Like I told Jr. Gong, Manny is a congressman. When politicians change like this its called a "flip-flop". Flip flopping isn't ****rable, it brings into question ones honor and commitment.

Comment

• I got Kentucky tonight over KU. Not a fan of either team, especially since they both beat my team this season (UNC) and my little brother goes to Mizzou. So um...yea...go Kentucky? SMH.

Comment

• floyd moves to 154, i think fans will be happy. PLENTY of beatable talent in that division. WW is dead anyways.

if floyd moves to 154 and fights sergio, he clearly ****s on pac's resume easily.... IMO, sergio is the deciding factor for legacy. theres a lot of interesting fights @ 154. plenty of them will add to floyds legacy.

pac's got nobody @ 140-147 to help his legacy... just a bunch of young inexperienced fighters. the fact pac cant make 154 is a shame. tim is solid but only hardcore fans will give him credit for that.

floyds future looks brighter (if he is still motivated to continue).... if he beats cotto, his options are great at 154.... sergio, canelo, lara, p-will, angulo, etc.

pac's future is a bit dim (retirement talks... religion BS).... after tim, his only legit options will be peterson (if he wins again).... other than that, pac might as well step aside and let khan handle 140 division.

Comment

• There is floyds option of retiring to avoid Pac but it is possible he will go up weight to avoid Pac and its also likely he could find an easier opponent in the higher weights.
              A weak champ always comes along at some point and if Floyd sees a weakness somewhere and he thinks he can exploit, well there you go, follow in BHs footsteps, although BHs opponents werent too bad.

Floyd is more like an ambush predator like a tiger or leapord rather than a chaser like a cheetah or wolf or hyena..

Comment

If you blame floyd for this fight not happening then its clear you are more of a floyd hater than a boxing fan. Hate floyd for his arrogance and his egtistical **** talking all you want. But be able to seperate right from wrong.

It was wrong for manny to not agree to fight in Dec 2009 just because floyd asked for OST. No viable reason to refuse. To come back now and be willing to accept the same deal is pathetic.

Manny is a congressman. When politicians change like this its called a "flip-flop". One doesn't get credit for that.
                No, I dont hate Floyd for his acting like a tool. I dont hate him at all, I just see through all the bull**** circus act that he and those around him conduct. He is a hustler, plain and simple.

As far as 'It was wrong for manny to not agree to fight in Dec 2009 just because floyd asked for OST. No viable reason to refuse. To come back now and be willing to accept the same deal is pathetic. goes, I remember that well, and I could well understand why Manny would want to tell Floyd to **** right off. That he wants or is willing to do so now probably owes more to the fact that Floyd and everyone connected to him have constantly yapped about Manny being some kind of steroid freak and Manny probably feels like he wants to shut the gobby prick up.

You only see and will only ever see things through Floyd tinted spectacles. Myself? I can see both sides of this one clearly, as can most boxing fans(not floydiots or pacfarts).

Comment

Manny isn't doing it for that reason. He is doing it because his options are running out and his position on no OST was ridiculous.Please.

Like I told Jr. Gong, Manny is a congressman. When politicians change like this its called a "flip-flop". Flip flopping isn't ****rable, it brings into question ones honor and commitment.
                  What! You mean a stance like, I'll take any test the commission requires. Or how about agreeing to everything Floyd demands even though he believes it will weaken him.

Manny makes moves to make the fight more likely, Floyd makes moves to make the fight less likely. FACT!

Hey we still got to see the list of excuse Floyd will come out from Martinez. That should be a laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    No it is Floyd fault if he doesn't fight Martinez next, this year instead of waiting until the guy gets to be about 39/40.

Floyd said he wanted to fight Martinez after Mosley, but then came the Williams KO, then Floyd went quite. How old does Martinez have to wait till Floyd feels he is ready?

So why would Floyd want to take things away when they would get him the fight?

Logical explanation, he doesn't want the fight.
                    Yeah so when floyd doesn't move up to fight Martinez he's scared. But if he does, its because he's ducking Manny. SO no matter what happens it negative.

Like I said, floyd should be allowed to make fighters wait the same way manny and other big earners have. If you have no problem with manny making JMM wait or refusing to fight floyd in dec 09, then you can't have a problem with floyd doing the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      No, I dont hate Floyd for his acting like a tool. I dont hate him at all, I just see through all the bull**** circus act that he and those around him conduct. He is a hustler, plain and simple.

As far as 'It was wrong for manny to not agree to fight in Dec 2009 just because floyd asked for OST. No viable reason to refuse. To come back now and be willing to accept the same deal is pathetic. goes, I remember that well, and I could well understand why Manny would want to tell Floyd to **** right off. That he wants or is willing to do so now probably owes more to the fact that Floyd and everyone connected to him have constantly yapped about Manny being some kind of steroid freak and Manny probably feels like he wants to shut the gobby prick up.

You only see and will only ever see things through Floyd tinted spectacles. Myself? I can see both sides of this one clearly, as can most boxing fans(not floydiots or pacfarts).
                      How am I seeing it through floyd's tinted spectacles? That is what happened. DId I leave anything out or lie?

Yes I am a floyd fan, but that has no bearing on Manny's decision making. And we agree floyd is a product of his upbringing but so what? He and his people made smart business decisions that pay off. So his hustle is no different than any other successful person.

The point of my post is questioning your ability to separate your feelings about floyd from what happened here.

Comment

Working...
                      X