Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would assume with punches

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      It won't be a one or two punch KNOCK OUT, ref counts to ten the fight is over. No, it will be a stoppage, TKO, accumulation of clean, flush left hooks and right hands.

Cotto will have a plan ABC&D for Floyd and Floyd will not be the aggressor that night, he'll be to busy trying to pick off shots and counter. Cotto will make Floyd respect him and with that said I got 500K that say's he wont KO Cotto!

PRPP

Comment

• Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
        When Miguel decided to part ways with Hall of Fame trainer E.Steward I thought he was done for. Not just because Emanuel and Cotto seemed to work good together but because Cotto was now going to have 4 trainers in 3 years. But when I heard Diaz was his new head trainer I was pretty pumped and surprised at the same time. If you had no experience in amateur boxing then you'd probably never heard of him. But for those of us who have boxed at the amateur level know Diaz as the man who for a time ran the worlds most successful Olympic Boxing Team : CUBA. Even those who dont know of him but do follow boxing should know the success of Cuba in the world of Olympic boxing. He has always been a coach who not only demands the fighters perect the fundamentals but he utilizes both your strengths as well as nullifies your opponents style and strengths. He is a combo of "old school grit" and "new school science". Obvi we've only seen him as a pro in the Margarito fight and it didn't take an expert to see what you had to do to beat him but never the less, he came up with a great strategy and got the W. I'm anxious to see what kind of plan Pedro goes with against a fighter who has arguably the best defense ever. I am certain that he will come up with a plan of attack that Floyd hasnt sen before, the only question will be can Miguel stick with it for 12 rds.

I know he said that Miguels footwork would be emphasized quite heavily in this training camp. I think he's gonna mix it up between boxing and punching, as that's what Miguel is comfortable with. I don't think he can afford to box too much against mayweather though.

Comment

• cottos gonna be in the fight much more than people expect

Comment

• What makes you think Floyd ISNT gonna pressure the hell out of cotto?

Cotto isn't making it past the tenth

If Pacquiao can do this, what do you think mayweather is gonna do? He's gonna slice up cotto's non-existant defense. Especially now that cotto's put on more weight and floyd is using 8 oz gloves.
            Last edited by Paclan; 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• A trainer can't fight for his fighter.

If his trainer was so great, Cotto would have beaten a shot, coming off a long laid off Margarito much better than Shane Mosley and Manny Pacquaio. That says it all really.

Comment

• I think Diaz is great and will maximize Cotto's capabilities. But Miguel is just illequipped to handle Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
                  When Miguel decided to part ways with Hall of Fame trainer E.Steward I thought he was done for. Not just because Emanuel and Cotto seemed to work good together but because Cotto was now going to have 4 trainers in 3 years. But when I heard Diaz was his new head trainer I was pretty pumped and surprised at the same time. If you had no experience in amateur boxing then you'd probably never heard of him. But for those of us who have boxed at the amateur level know Diaz as the man who for a time ran the worlds most successful Olympic Boxing Team : CUBA. Even those who dont know of him but do follow boxing should know the success of Cuba in the world of Olympic boxing. He has always been a coach who not only demands the fighters perect the fundamentals but he utilizes both your strengths as well as nullifies your opponents style and strengths. He is a combo of "old school grit" and "new school science". Obvi we've only seen him as a pro in the Margarito fight and it didn't take an expert to see what you had to do to beat him but never the less, he came up with a great strategy and got the W. I'm anxious to see what kind of plan Pedro goes with against a fighter who has arguably the best defense ever. I am certain that he will come up with a plan of attack that Floyd hasnt sen before, the only question will be can Miguel stick with it for 12 rds.
                  Good post!

Comment

• Cotto stans swear cotto is some kind of God but he's just an above average fighter

If i had to grade cotto as a fighter he would get a C+ or B-

Floyd is an A+ fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                      Most people are just blind to the facts. They think he's some ricky hatton or something which Cotto is not. I have been saying this for the longest, Floyd will not blow out Cotto. He is not a pressure fighter!!!!
                      Actually he put the pressure on Mosley pretty well, walked him down. However, you're right when you say Cotto isn't like Hatton, Cotto has a survival instinct and will get on his bike if he needs to survive, the thought never even occurred to Hatton who was a non-stop come-forward fighter.

Mayweather won't knock Cotto out and I think some are massively underrating Cotto's pure boxing ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X