No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Really? This is the best guy they could find?
    Lemme guess...you rather A). Adrien Broner or B). Stevie Forbes

*sigh* ad nauseum

Fresh face, maybe he can do a decent job at emulating what Floyd brings

Comment

• Cotto is not known for having great sparring partner

Comment

• Why not bring back Dolton again?

He gave him good work last time.

He's right there on the same level as J Love for Floyd.

Also Ishe Smith has offered but has been denied.

Comment

• No, this is not a good sparring partner. This guy is a nobody with a ****ty record and zero big time experience. How is he going to help prepare Cotto for facing the best? Marquez and Mosley had horrible sparring partners for Floyd, and it showed on fight night when they didn't have a clue what they were up against. I thought the original idea of bringing in some talented Cubans was better than Penson. They need to break the bank for quality work if they hope to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post

What do you all think.
            If this guy can train Cotto, without whoopin his azz, then it makes the fight a whole lot more interesting because Floyd got his speed back, and Cotto needs to be prepped for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post

What do you all think.
              Seriously?? Is this official? Link???

This kid has had 4 fights; 3 wins 1 draw. He's never been past round 4! How could he possibly push Cotto.

Bad choice of sparring partner, esp chief!! Hope this is a joke...

Comment

• His jab was ok when he used it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
                  No, this is not a good sparring partner. This guy is a nobody with a ****ty record and zero big time experience. How is he going to help prepare Cotto for facing the best? Marquez and Mosley had horrible sparring partners for Floyd, and it showed on fight night when they didn't have a clue what they were up against. I thought the original idea of bringing in some talented Cubans was better than Penson. They need to break the bank for quality work if they hope to win.
                  I've got to agree here. Unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Do you have capabilities to photoshop? I want to rock that fight poster, but refuse to endorse Mosley or Ginger on that poster
                    made this awhile back, feel free to use.

Comment

• Cotto: Not going to rest until we find the formula to beat Mayweather

Five-Time world champion Floyd Mayweather (42-0,26KO) is scheduled to challenge WBA super welterweight champion, Miguel Cotto (37-2,30KO) for Cotto’s WBA world title on May 5th at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, dubbed as Mayweather vs Cotto: RIng Kings. The betting odds in Las Vegas have Floyd Mayweather as a seven to one favorite to unseat Miguel Cotto, but Cotto is not worried about the odds.

Full of self-confidence in his skills, Puerto Rican star believes he will have the exact ingredients to defeat Floyd Mayweather. Miguel Cotto embarks on a two-month intense training camp with his new coach, who helps him dismantle Antonio Margarito in a rematch last year. They are currently improving the jabs of Miguel and developing a different fight strategy to confuse Floyd Mayweather, who has impressive ring intelligence, when they fight on May 5.

Added to the training camp, physical trainer Phil Landman will see to it that Cotto will be ready for 12 long rounds of boxing. He is very vital in the recent fights of Cotto, who has considerably developed his stamina and speed. Numerous sparring partners will try to emulate the defense and offense of Floyd Mayweather to help Cotto familiarize the moves of Mayweather. Even though Mayweather is a exceptional fighter, the sparring partners will try their best to mimic the shoulder roll defense and the backward-moving offensive style of Mayweather.

“I am not going to rest,” concluded Cotto:” Not me, no one from my team is going to rest until we find the formula to beat Mayweather on May 5th.”

“Actually I don’t pay too much attention to that,” said Cotto, 31:” I get paid for bringing to people what they want to see: good show, real fight; that’s what I am going to prepare for.”

According to Cotto, his game plan will be different because he respects Mayweather’s foot-speed hand-speed and accuracy. Miguel Cotto promise that this will not be a one-sided fight in favor of Mayweather. He will try to take Mayweather to the ropes and ruthlessly throw power punches to the head until he can land a huge punch to the chin. Mayweather got almost knockdown to the canvass when Shane Mosley hit Mayweather with a solid punch to the head.

Many might have agreed in Mayweather abilities as the undefeated boxer is way faster and his strength is sure overpowering. Cotto have faith in that he has the blueprint in defeating Mayweather by beating him in his own game plan. Cotto strategies to apply pressure and power that will pin Mayweather down to the ropes.

The question that many boxing fans want an answer on fight night is if Cotto’s power and size will give him the win and retain his WBA super welterweight title? Let’s all find out in Mayweather vs Cotto bout.

http://www.mayweather-vs-khan.com/co...at-mayweather/
                      Last edited by Discipline; 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X