Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it would. IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
      Would that be enough to make him member of boxing's hall of fame?
      yes....

being realistic, i doubt this will happen, but it would be nice to celebrate....

May 6th would be a holiday in PR....

Comment

• Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        yes....

being realistic, i doubt this will happen, but it would be nice to celebrate....

May 6th would be a holiday in PR....
        Believe me, beating Floyd would be as big or even bigger than when Tito beat Oscar. When Tito beat Oscar the governor gave the next workday off like a national holiday.

Comment

• Man Shiiiiiiiiiiiit if Cotto beats Floyd & somehow manages to get that Pacman fight again (around 150) not Pacman's mannyweight of 148 & beats him too, I'd say he's officially greater than Tito, IMO.

Comment

• He's already in, but if he beat Mayweather there would be no argument.

As of now he's in as a product of both is resume and his reputation as an action fighter and as a big attraction.

Beating Floyd would make him a member on pure resume-based merit.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
              He's already in, but if he beat Mayweather there would be no argument.

As of now he's in as a product of both is resume and his reputation as an action fighter and as a big attraction.

Beating Floyd would make him a member on pure resume-based merit.
              I don't think he's in already, he might be. But beating Floyd would be a lock imo. Of course, it depends how he wins (Kirkland-Molina).

Comment

Believe me, beating Floyd would be as big or even bigger than when Tito beat Oscar. When Tito beat Oscar the governor gave the next workday off like a national holiday.
                Sorry but I dont think so. Tito was loved by all of Puerto Rico and that win was huge. Though Cotto gets alot of support, there are still ppl on the island that arent big on him. (I've met alot) and even if he does beat Mayweather, there is still someone out there Puerto Rico would want him to beat.....Manny Pacquiao.

Now if Cotto beats Mayweather & then rematches and beats pacquiao...now we are talking about a big reception.

Comment

• as per the initial question...yes he would be HOF.

Comment

I don't think he's in already, he might be. But beating Floyd would be a lock imo. Of course, it depends how he wins (Kirkland-Molina).
                    Bro he's definitely in already. Sports writers, the people that vote, love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Man Shiiiiiiiiiiiit if Cotto beats Floyd & somehow manages to get that Pacman fight again (around 150) not Pacman's mannyweight of 148 & beats him too, I'd say he's officially greater than Tito, IMO.
                      If he beats Floyd he's officially better than Tito imo. He's a better skilled fighter than Tito, Tito just had lethal power in that left hook.

Comment

Working...
                      X