No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    I don't think anyone implied he was chuck norris. But he is pretty much better at everything than miguel offensively and defensively.
    I disagree. The manner in which Cotto is written off and how people elevate Floyd exudes hubris.

Like I said, Cotto has very little chance of winning, but it's not going to be a cakewalk.

Comment

• Man that dude is quick. He moves his head when your even twitch. That's **** is a sight to see.

Comment

Short collection of Mayweather's right hand counter over the left jab.

I find it hard to believe that Miguel will have any legitimate success with his jab
        one thing all those have in common is that they all got countered after a single jab...i think cotto can minimize floyd throwing/landing those if he doubles the jab , triples em, singles them, hooks to lead, and mix em up to avoid being predictable....

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          yeah but Cotto didn`t come in at a healthy weight at the weigh in.That`s why in that fight Cotto Jab was pretty slow and weak.

Comment

I agree

Cottos jab was only working in the Pac fight the first 2 rounds because Pac allowed him to land it. Once Pac picked up the pace, Cottos jab was ghost.
            Yeah Pac is all wrong for Miguel, too fast, too powerful and too much movement. Thats why i find it funny that people claim that Pac avoid the "new" Cotto, the 154 Cotto. Manny beat him in any weight.

Comment

• slim. If floyd turns old overnight, that's the only way i see it happening. Floyd is too fast for Cotto I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by noekin3 View Post
                Yeah Pac is all wrong for Miguel, too fast, too powerful and too much movement. Thats why i find it funny that people claim that Pac avoid the "new" Cotto, the 154 Cotto. Manny beat him in any weight.
                I agree with you which is why I don't know why Manny was so adamant about a catchweight. Especially in the first match

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                  He doesnt have a shot because he will be payed off. Floyd will retire undefeated. Remember this is a business and money talks now a days,
                  SO every boxing match is fixed?

Comment

Short collection of Mayweather's right hand counter over the left jab.

I find it hard to believe that Miguel will have any legitimate success with his jab
                    Good collection of videos, I expect a different outcome though mainly because Cotto's jab is far superior to everyone Floyd has faced thus far. It's also a much harder jab so taking the punch and coming back with a counter will not be so easy. Im sure he will get his share of counters off but I dont see it happening in this area.

Comment

Cotto has good timing vs guys with no speed, I mean Clottey was landing everything he threw at him. Also in this video below look at Manny who is shorter with a shorter reach out time Cotto.

i remember the "Im just as fast" quote

Yep Cotto couldnt avoid that straight left of Manny's. It ashis ultimate undoing in that fight. Theres a great example of why you shouldnt try to coach yourself in the biggest fight of your career.

Beyond that tho the what Manny was able to do with the left Cotto is completely different from what Floyd might be able to do. Different angle, different punch different situation entirely.

Comment

Working...
                      X