Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto will find this fight easier in terms of styles. Let me tell yu one thing, for a guy like Cotto that has fought Pacquiao, Clottey and Margarito.. He will find Mayweather too easy and Cotto might feel too comfortable in the ring and imposing his style. And remember one thing, Cotto can box very well. I think Cotto wins by UD

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      I believe any fighter in the ring with Margarito would have won, his eye was going to swell no matter who was in the other corner. That was a set up

And i agree, he is a family man who will bow out at his first sign of trouble
      So your saying if margs didnt swell up he would have won? I think cotto has a shot mayweather is good but not elite just like cotto. They are good for there era. Cotto gonna make it ugly, get him on the ropes and pound him him out. He gonna jab and do the occasional low blow. With the cuban trainer, heart, and to top it off this is the best fighter may has fought. I see may losing on da 5th. May will not knock cotto out, of course cotto will be mark up, He gets mark up with ease. Everyone before the marg 2 fight said cotto was shot, then he beats marg and now its caus of his eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by citolindo View Post
        So your saying if margs didnt swell up he would have won? I think cotto has a shot mayweather is good but not elite just like cotto. They are good for there era. Cotto gonna make it ugly, get him on the ropes and pound him him out. He gonna jab and do the occasional low blow. With the cuban trainer, heart, and to top it off this is the best fighter may has fought. I see may losing on da 5th. May will not knock cotto out, of course cotto will be mark up, He gets mark up with ease. Everyone before the marg 2 fight said cotto was shot, then he beats marg and now its caus of his eye.
        No what i am saying is that any punches to his eye by ANY fighter that night would've resulted in the fight being stopped. I mean Arum had to swingle his way into getting Margarito licensed last minute

Dont include me in your "everyone" comment. Please show me a post where i ever stated that cotto was shot prior to the Margarito fight?
        Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-07-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Tha's why he needs to get Mayweather against the ropes so he doesn't have to reach.
          he wont have to reach that far for floyd who is now failry lazy with his legs

Comment

• Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
            Cotto will find this fight easier in terms of styles. Let me tell yu one thing, for a guy like Cotto that has fought Pacquiao, Clottey and Margarito.. He will find Mayweather too easy and Cotto might feel too comfortable in the ring and imposing his style. And remember one thing, Cotto can box very well. I think Cotto wins by UD
            WOW....

Are you telling me that getting knocked out twice by Margarito & Pac and getting a close SD vs Clottey has prepared him for Mayweather?

Comment

• Slim to none.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnylad View Post
                I completely disagree. I think his pull counter has gotten better. He might not be that agile as you claim but his experience has increased. I think this will be Floyds most devastating weapon because this frustrates and demoralises his opponents real bad.
                If you agree that he's not as agile, explain how his Pull Counter has become better than the ones on the video through his experience?

Comment

• If Cotto can land something meaningful he can hurt Floyd. Lets not forget that Mosley wobbled Floyd. So Miguel has a chance, all be it a very small one.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                    If Cotto can land something meaningful he can hurt Floyd. Lets not forget that Mosley wobbled Floyd. So Miguel has a chance, all be it a very small one.
                    Ive seen Mosley knock guys out with one punch, miguel isn't that kind of puncher. Also Mosleys right hand is much faster and stronger than Cottos

Comment

• he has a chance, a small chance.

jab is key for cotto. he is naturally left handed, and fights orthodox.

de la hoya did well with the jab for a fair few rounds, maybe cotto can do a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                      X