Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Floyd's defense is still really good, but I question how much he's really going to push the fight to Cotto. I honestly don't see it happening as much as most of his fans think he'll walk Cotto down with no problem. You can look at both Mosley and Ortiz fights where he began walking them down, but what's the one thing neither of those fighters have...a solid jab. Sure, there's always the ever popular pull counter, but you also have to look at how he pulls that off, against guys w/ no jab. Cotto throws double and triple jabs that will make it harder for Floyd to land that punch clean, also without him getting hit as well. He's going to land lead rights on Cotto, but I think Floyd's going to play it safe and try to win on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
      If Oldsley was able to land a lucky punch that buckled him Cotto can land a combination that would KO him. It's not like Mayweather is in his prime, he's still a great fighter but he no longer can rely on his legs to move around all fight long.
      Floyd stood right there. He didn't have to move. Mosley is still faster than Cotto and he landed 2 "lucky shots" early on but when Floyd adjusted (moments later), he shut Mosley out.

Floyd Stands right in Mosley's face.

Comment

• nah cotto's best punch is his left hook...floyd dont get hit with left hooks....cotto's right hand is inconsistent and not very good...so i doubt he'll hurt floyd
        Last edited by J-Smooth; 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

If Oldsley was able to land a lucky punch that buckled him Cotto can land a combination that would KO him. It's not like Mayweather is in his prime, he's still a great fighter but he no longer can rely on his legs to move around all fight long.
          when has floyd got hit with more than 1 punch at a time???and since when was cotto faster than mosley or hit harder?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              when has floyd got hit with more than 1 punch at a time???and since when was cotto faster than mosley or hit harder?
              Basically what I just said.

Comment

• Cotto is a good guy and i like him but he's getting taken to school in this fight..ya'll think he's going to outbox floyd??really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  cotto has better timing and a better jab than mosley

Comment

• plus mosley was rusty as hell when he fought floyd

Comment

Mosley punch wasnt lucky. that was his game plan. throw to the mid section with the left follow by a haymaker with the right.

Comment

Working...
                      X