No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingoffighters View Post
    never count the little guy out people can get better and i noticed a huge increase in cottos technicol game, it only takes one punch to make an up set even mayweather understands that and is taking this seriously
    Do you think he can sustain these technical improvements against an elite fighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingoffighters View Post
      never count the little guy out people can get better and i noticed a huge increase in cottos technicol game, it only takes one punch to make an up set even mayweather understands that and is taking this seriously
      huge increase or cotos trainer being out the cotto of old?

lets not over exaggerate. this isnt a new cotto but the old cotto before all the bad habits developed after getting rid of his uncle

but. the old cotto can easily resurface. it did in the 2nd margo fight when he got on his bike

Comment

• Highly unlikely. but my god I think I would literally die of happiness if this happened.

Comment

• lmfao

do yourselves a favor cotto fans.

expect a 12 round shutout decision loss where cotto is not competitive at all.

that way you can be happy when he wins a round or two when floyd takes the round off.

Comment

• Cotto might hurt him?

Personally I think Floyd takes no risks and its a wash out. That said is that the attraction to this fight? That Cotto might actually hurt him and make a fight out of it?? That Floyd maybe has lost a step or makes a momentary uncharacteristic error and gets caught and that Cotto still has enough to catch him? That we see the best of Cotto and that that's enough?

It happens sometimes. Is it a fight about a song and a prayer?

Comment

• Trust me, Floyd will not only take chances but he will take a ton of them. Thats the way he's gonna fight now, just like the Mosley & Ortiz fights. Ortiz fight was about to get even more rough because it takes Floyd about 4 rounds to figure out the Southpaw style and then he finds his groove foreal.

I expect him to be very aggressive. Unless Floyd slips alot then I dont think Cotto can land clean enough to hurt him at all. He just has to beat him on accumlation and pressure. Using his size but IDK if he can do that

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Trust me, Floyd will not only take chances but he will take a ton of them. Thats the way he's gonna fight now, just like the Mosley & Ortiz fights. Ortiz fight was about to get even more rough because it takes Floyd about 4 rounds to figure out the Southpaw style and then he finds his groove foreal.

I expect him to be very aggressive. Unless Floyd slips alot then I dont think Cotto can land clean enough to hurt him at all. He just has to beat him on accumlation and pressure. Using his size but IDK if he can do that
                Cotto can land on anybody, especially a guy who is stationary right in front of him (like mayweather has been his last couple fights)

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  I've noticed that Mayweather vs Cotto is totally overshadowing the Pacquiao vs Bradley fight. Just by looking at the first page on NSB, all I see is topics of Mayweather vs Cotto. Even Pacquiao fans are putting more attention to Mayweather vs Cotto. Pacquiao fans will never be Pacquiao fans first. They will be a Mayweather hater first, Pacquiao fan second. In another words, they will be a Mayweather fan first, Pacquiao fan second.
                  That was very well said

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    Cotto can land on anybody, especially a guy who is stationary right in front of him (like mayweather has been his last couple fights)
                    I dont think so. I think Floyd has mastered his D and unless he gets old, you wont hit him clean. Cotto might land but it will just be what Floyd gives him. Elbows & gloves. I think the only reason why JMM & Shane landed a couple of shots early was just Floyd knocking off rust. A Southpaw is different but I dont think a righty can hit Floyd clean right now

Comment

• i think if cotto implemented the famous "peek a boo" style via tyson,,, and used correct movement and used this trainincamp to focus on speed/reflexes and applies effective pressure,, ill give a good first 5 rounds before mayweather soildly dominates him! stoppin him in the 11th

Comment

Working...
                      X