No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Check View Post
    Like Hatton fans? Cotto has a much better chance against Floyd than Manny does.
    So the delusional stretches beyond PR...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      So the delusional stretches beyond PR...
      How does Manny beat Floyd?

Comment

How does Manny beat Floyd?
        He doesn't but he's got a damn sight better chance than Miguel.

Comment

He doesn't but he's got a damn sight better chance than Miguel.
          Depends on how you think Mayweather could be beat. I myself feel that the way to beat Mayweather is to actually get him out of the center of the ring and against the ropes. Mayweather is a great counterpuncher but fighting against the ropes he isn't very good and actually can be flustered(dlh did this). Manny simply can't do that. Floyd can fight any type of game and whip him pretty good. Manny can only rely on the lucky punch. Cotto on the other hand is bigger and his old style is to press and bully. It's possible that he can get Floyd against the ropes and apply. Neither have much of a chance but Cotto has a better chance.

Comment

Depends on how you think Mayweather could be beat. I myself feel that the way to beat Mayweather is to actually get him out of the center of the ring and against the ropes. Mayweather is a great counterpuncher but fighting against the ropes he isn't very good and actually can be flustered(dlh did this). Manny simply can't do that. Floyd can fight any type of game and whip him pretty good. Manny can only rely on the lucky punch. Cotto on the other hand is bigger and his old style is to press and bully. It's possible that he can get Floyd against the ropes and apply. Neither have much of a chance but Cotto has a better chance.
            You actually think DLH had any kind of success or "flustered" Floyd?

Thats the worst way to fight him. I think Manny has a punchers chance at best. Miguel doesn't even have that.

Comment

You actually think DLH had any kind of success or "flustered" Floyd?

Thats the worst way to fight him. I think Manny has a punchers chance at best. Miguel doesn't even have that.
              He did fluster him and Floyd gets very uncomfortable against the ropes. He blocks and moves out of the way of a lot of rope shots but he is very uncomfortable against them. It's about the only time I can see Floyd getting clocked and not saying "that was a lucky shot". Thinking back I want to say it was rounds 6-8(i forgot which one) where DLH had Floyd in a bad spot and was ripping away at his body.

Comment

He did fluster him and Floyd gets very uncomfortable against the ropes. He blocks and moves out of the way of a lot of rope shots but he is very uncomfortable against them. It's about the only time I can see Floyd getting clocked and not saying "that was a lucky shot". Thinking back I want to say it was rounds 6-8(i forgot which one) where DLH had Floyd in a bad spot and was ripping away at his body.
                LOL....mate seriously. I guess Lampley's Cotto love has made you a huge fan of his commentary cos I know exactly what part of the fight you mean and not one of those shots even scored. Despite Jim saying that Oscar was "RIPPING AWAY TO THE BODY!". Nothing landed. And does Miguel even go to the body anymore? You're in for a let down on May 5th

Comment

LOL....mate seriously. I guess Lampley's Cotto love has made you a huge fan of his commentary cos I know exactly what part of the fight you mean and not one of those shots even scored. Despite Jim saying that Oscar was "RIPPING AWAY TO THE BODY!". Nothing landed. And does Miguel even go to the body anymore? You're in for a let down on May 5th
                  I don't expect Miguel to win so I'll be okay with it. Even if Oscar wasn't landing(he was landing to the body, not head), Mayweather still wasn't comfortable.

Comment

I know you're a Cotto hater and I hate to waste this post on you but what if Cotto doesn't bully Floyd? Cotto can box and can bully people, and his offense isn't as good as Manny's and his defense isn't as good as Floyds. But, I think Cotto's boxing/countering ability is better than Floyd offensively. I'm sure you'll call me crazy but when exactly was Floyd "boxed" with? Marquez? He was the smaller, slower and weaker fighter who is intensely one dimensional. Floyd is far more versatile than Marqez and Cotto, but he simply isn't nearly as good as "aggressively" as Cotto is at countering.

What if Cotto lands jabs like Oscar did? I'm sure he will he has a better jab, but all these people saying Cotto has to be aggressive are just wrong. Floyd is undefeated, LARGELY against pressure fighters. His biggest "struggles" were with Oscar and Castillo, to a small extent Judah. Most them did their best when they were boxing more so than just bullying like Hatton and Ortiz. What if Cotto jabs and bounces around "admiring it" if you will. Floyd can't counter someone who isn't coming at him. As I said JMM couldn't do this not because he doesn't have the ability but because he was just way too small. Cotto is going to be the bigger man and probably faster than Marquez was for Mayweather.

I'm not saying Cotto is going to win by just jabbing and moving, he'll have to counter if Floyd DOES open himself up a bit if he needs to get some "points" if you will. Cotto IS going to have put pressure on Floyd and take clean shots to the grill simply because one strategy isn't enough to beat Floyd. You beat your opponents by exploiting their biggest weakness and fighting offensively is Floyd's weak point that Cotto is going to have to exploit. All that being said I'm still picking Mayweather because I never pick against him. BUT at 4-1 I'm putting $100 on Cotto and think him winning is like 60/40 split for Floyd.

Comment

• Better all-around Boxer? Cotto.
                      Better at demonstrating the shoulder roll defense? Cotto.
                      Who has shown more versatility? Cotto.
                      Who's the smarter boxer? Cotto.
                      Who's the more accurate puncher? Cotto.

Cotto via late round KO/TKO.

Comment

Working...
                      X