• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick Boxing View Post
    I love that pic
    Thanks Bro!

Comment

• If this is true Props to Cotto. He's my favorite active fighter so you know I'm not hating when I say this sounds like wayyyyy too much. I'd say the highest he could rake in would be around 18 mil and that's pushing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
        i dont see how that's possible...

1.2 mil ppv of $ 60 eac = 72 mil

16,000 seat(MGM) of $1000 ea = 16 mil

88 million total gross....how about the government tax, hbo cut, promotional expenses, etc....

just not possible....
        where did you get 1.2 from???the fight hasnt even happened

Comment

• imho it may not be 30M but at 35% for sure this would be cotto's biggest payday and quite frankly if cotto can get 35 pac should be able to get 50% easy ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Because it's Floyd dood. He doesn't have to do that, because he is Floyd Mayweather he can already do it. Floyd wins every fantasy fight with these *****'s he is like Ali, if you say it enough the sheep will just take it as fact. Like people who call Ali the greatest, the smart people know he wasn't but he said it enough it just stuck Floyd is doing the same thing. Manny is the catchweight king, Floyd is the undefeated fantasy fight king.
            Don't forget Cotto the Vacant belt king. Hey man you gotta be fair but major LOL on the Floyd fantasy fight king. Cracked me up. Good laugh before going out.

Comment

• Good for Cotto I hope Golden Boy signed him up for a couple of fights I hope that was the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                Don't forget the fact that DLH almost had it a draw with Floyd. Some even say DLH won it.. But in record it was a split decision win..

Who was the coach... you guessed it.. ROACH

If you had the Mayweather/De la Hoya fight a draw your an idiot. Oscar even knows he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  DLH wasn't in his prime and he was able to put the pressure on Floyd and get a split decision in favor of floyd. Defintely a hard fight for Floyd don't need to mute it.. I could even say if DLH was in his prime that time and Roach was in his corner. DLH would have won easy.

The trick to beating Floyd is to keep the pressure on him so he can't think.. Ortiz was on his way, but he snapped with the head but. In the last round Ortiz was snapping Floyd's head left and right.. Hittable coz of his constant pressure. Sadly he got frustrated with all the elbow strikes of Floyd and head butted him.. Anyway the point is.. Pressure Floyd and I think he crumbles.. I know you would say easier said than done. Needs an elite fighter to do that.. And that I believe is pac.

That is why everyone is clamoring for that fight. Sadly, Floyd rather goes for chump change than fight for all the glory, prestige and biggest money fight in history..

Your entire post was wrong. Ortiz never hurt Floyd and like the De La Hoya fight, lots of punches that really did no damage. Looked good, but most of it was BS. Mayweather probably would have stopped Ortiz by the 9th or 10th rd had Ortiz not decided to quit because he knew he was completely out of his league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Don't forget Cotto the Vacant belt king. Hey man you gotta be fair but major LOL on the Floyd fantasy fight king. Cracked me up. Good laugh before going out.
                    He won a vacant belt at 140, Clottey was stripped right before their fight, it was typical belt BS and he won it the "legit" way at 154. Honestly who cares, he defended it 16/18 fights, he proved to be a worthy champion. It wasn't handed to him like it was to Barrera when Morales moved up in weight. Morales moved and then the next day Barrera is champ, at least Cotto fought for the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
                      Your entire post was wrong. Ortiz never hurt Floyd and like the De La Hoya fight, lots of punches that really did no damage. Looked good, but most of it was BS. Mayweather probably would have stopped Ortiz by the 9th or 10th rd had Ortiz not decided to quit because he knew he was completely out of his league.

"Take note in this round Floyd's head snapping like a bubble head and Floyd shots missing terribly, hitting air and leather for the most part of the fourth."

****Time 2:00 victor flurries and hits floyd with a barrage of punches to floyd's face. 2:16 floyd shakes his head to say I'm good but you got me there boy. Happened all when he was trapped on the ropes. SWEET! ****

*** time 2:19 vicious punch 2:25, 2:26 all good lethal shots. Clean crisp. Got to love it. 2:41, 2:43 mark ,right on the money.

And if you noticed Floyd hitting victor's gloves most of the fourth. Victors high guard frustrated floyd. Victor was clearly winning that round before he turned into a pitbull and head butted lol

Just saying 4th was definitely an ortiz round, and the tide was clearly shifting if only victor kept his composure we would have gotten a good fight.

it was turning into a great fight as evident to the competitiveness of Ortiz in the 4th. He was able to **** with Floyd and give him fits. Never seen Floyd get hit that much and missing a lot in a round.

Ortiz, was making his presence felt in there. It was shaping up to becoming a good fight.. But this thread shows we were robbed of a good fight.

Ortiz pressure fighting and DLH pressure fighting is actually how you should fight floyd. That' s how you don't make Floyd think.

Here some more:

Last edited by Spoon23; 02-04-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X