Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im predicting a Gatti as well.

Comment

• Succicntly sums up my feelings on the fight. It's not a great fight, competitive wise, but let's face it.....I'm a boxing junkie and this is the only superfight on the schedule in a weak Q1 to 2012. So to hell with the pretentiousnes, I'm gonna allow myself to get excited, while being grounded and knowing what the fight really is.

Comment

• You people predict a "Gatti" every time Floyd fights.

He will definitely win easily though, and if he wants to he can break Cotto down and stop him.

Comment

• come on..I mean think Floyd is going to win, but this isnt going to be like the Gatti fight. Cotto can actually move and give Floyd angles and has a excellent jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Succicntly sums up my feelings on the fight. It's not a great fight, competitive wise, but let's face it.....I'm a boxing junkie and this is the only superfight on the schedule in a weak Q1 to 2012. So to hell with the pretentiousnes, I'm gonna allow myself to get excited, while being grounded and knowing what the fight really is.
            I get it but how about appreciate what is occurring. Miguel Cotto, one of the 10-12 best fighters in the world is facing someone so good that Cotto is believed not to have a real chance to win. You could witness one of the great upsets ever. Or you can watch Floyd work the skills that separate him from a potential HOF fighter.

Comment

• Pacquiao can go **** himself. He had the same exact terms two years ago - with 50/50 - and turned that down too.

Comment

• What I find interesting, besides the history of both Pac and Marquez, is the similar scenario, almost like "Ok...fine, I guess I'll watch" when Pac vs Marquez III was announced. Besides the very pro Marquez fans, even Mayweather fans and some Mexican fans were with the attitude of "C'mon man, POINTLESS fight now". Well, that wasn't actually the case, was it?

Not to say Mayweather vs Cotto follows the exact same script, but something tells me we're gonna get a lot more than we expected and I see a lot of the same doubt towards, in this case, Cotto. I favor Floyd by decision, but I won't be surprised if it's tooth and nail down the stretch.

Comment

• i have never seen this many comments for an article, u would think mayweather was fighting jesus himself just based off the number of comments this article has

Comment

• good post, but there are also some points we need to look at, like PBF if he wants to win he needs to punch in combination, I dont think he can just sit in the pocket and pop shot Cotto, like he was doing with Ortiz, and JMM. It should be a great fight. Cotto has proven that he can deal with speed. PBF is the most talented boxer out there right now hands down. But Cotto is no Gatti, Cotto can hold his own as a boxer.

Comment

• Cotto's been the aggressor in most of his fights. What is Jeff talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X