No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Floyd has plenty of times fought from a high guard and will do so in this fight. Cotto needs to do a better job of working around that.

Nobody in the game, be it Solomon or Forbes can do Floyd's reflexes. There will be times when Floyd is against the ropes shoulder rolling. So Clottey can do that fine. Nothing anyone can do will help prepare for Floyd's reflexes so the best Cotto can do is look to tapes and pull out the habits that Floyd has when he moves and try to anticipate. Kell Brook is a decent choice but it'd be good to offset the qualities that Clottey would bring.

Plus given their history, I think Clottey would you know, actually work him. The last time Cotto was in a life and death war was against Clottey.
    See, I don't think he can just do that fine when he has literally never done that before.

His style of defense is nothing like Floyd's...the others don't have the reflexes of Floyd, true, but they move like Floyd and have the same defensive habits as Floyd cause they have been trained similarly. Clottey literally just stands there in his shell until he sees an opening...completely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
      That's what happen when u idol someone like Floyd lol.. Thinking back now was that candy bar worth doing jail time?
      lol........

an athelete can never be my idol and no the candy bar wasnt worth it but the skittles were

Comment

• Floyd made a mistake by coming out of retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
          you can delete your post if you go to edit and advanced

Thanks mate didn't know that.

Comment

• Bring in the same guys that Floyd lost to during his younger dayz lol...

Comment

• If Floyd does stay in the pocket, Cotto will be a bloody mess! Floyd is one of, if not the best in accuracy there is in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                lol........

an athelete can never be my idol and no the candy bar wasnt worth it but the skittles were
                Lol I was gonna put skittles too instead of candy bar..

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  If Floyd does stay in the pocket, Cotto will be a bloody mess! Floyd is one of, if not the best in accuracy there is in the game.
                  Yea man, I see Floyd as a different fighter, he doesn't move as much but that might not be good for his opponents because he stands there and destroys them.

I see this fight ending in the 8th via tko stoppage. Cotto's face is going to fall apart.

Comment

• The point about sparring is to try to emulate your future opponent's style. Floyd is orthodox, fast and has that shoulder roll defense.Why am I seeing southpaws being named? Judah lol and Dawson WTF? And Clottey? He fights NOTHING like Floyd.

Comment

• To me he'll always have a chance and I'll never count him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X