Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can honestly say NOBODY I watched the fight with were remotely interested in the under card at all. I even watched the fight with Puerto Ricans and Mexicans. We watched the Mavs vs OKC for most of the under card and then ate enchiladas and drank during the Canelo and Mosley fight. Everyone was there for one reason and that was to watch Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      About 600K I believe, which are very good numbers for a non-Manny/Floyd fight.

Canelo may not have headlined a PPV, but he's got an already significant following. You can even argue that he's already the most popular fighter in Mexico.
      600k is damn good but people need to get real here take floyd off this card and it couldnt even do half of 1.5

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
        I can honestly say NOBODY I watched the fight with were remotely interested in the under card at all. I even watched the fight with Puerto Ricans and Mexicans. We watched the Mavs vs OKC for most of the under card and then ate enchiladas and drank during the Canelo and Mosley fight. Everyone was there for one reason and that was to watch Mayweather.
        exactly.no 1 paid to see Mosley loose for the 20th time in a row..no 1 paid to see steve forbes.they wanted to see floyd and cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
          how many did shane-mora do
          how many did cotto-margo do
          what has canelo ever headlined??

sure cotto is the 3rd biggest draw

but take floyd out and this card would not have even done 300k
          So you're implying that all 3 of those names contributed absolutely nothing to that event?

It depends on who Cotto is fighting. If he's fighting someone noteworthy then it'll be decent. His fight with Margo did 600K. Canelo would have added to that a little bit, and so would have Shane. Hypothetically speaking with Canelo/Shane on that Cotto/Margo card that fight would have probably done 750K, which are great numbers for anyone not named Manny or Floyd.

Comment

• Canelo has a huge follow in Mexico, but he is far from a household name in the states. Mosley doesn't sell too well and Cotto holds his own. I'd say Floyd is responsible for 100% of the fans interest with the rest just helping his case. I doubt anyone that bought this ppv turned away from the TV after the canelo-mosley bout.

Including Mexicans and Floyd detractors

Comment

So you're implying that all 3 of those names contributed absolutely nothing to that event?

It depends on who Cotto is fighting. If he's fighting someone noteworthy then it'll be decent. His fight with Margo did 600K. Canelo would have added to that a little bit, and so would have Shane. Hypothetically speaking with Canelo/Shane on that Cotto/Margo card that fight would have probably done 750K, which are great numbers for anyone not named Manny or Floyd.
              How many of those people that care about those fights would buy the PPV anyway, regardless if Canelo was there or not.

I would venture a guess and say most

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                How many of those people that care about those fights would buy the PPV anyway, regardless if Canelo was there or not.

I would venture a guess and say most
                Which is why I said in my first post that PBF is primarily responsible for those numbers. Then some genius tried to imply that Cotto, Canelo, and Mosley did absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the 1.5 million buys and that it was ALL PBF.

Comment

Which is why I said in my first post that PBF is primarily responsible for those numbers. Then some genius tried to imply that Cotto, Canelo, and Mosley did absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the 1.5 million buys and that it was ALL PBF.
                  Sure they did something that is why it will be Floyd's second biggest fight, Cotto being the main reason for that.

But most people who would buy a Canelo-Mosley fight would already be buying Mayweather-Cotto, and it is not like they can buy more PPV because they like Canelo and Mosley also.

Comment

• I think Canelo, Mosley, & Cotto had a lot to do with helping those numbers. People seem to forget(specially Floyd fans) that Floyd's last fight with Ortiz left A LOT of people very upset. They needed those names and their marketbase to make the fight more appealing to casual fans.

Comment

• Well since Mayweather - Ortiz did 1.25 I'll say that Floyd is responsible for at least 1.25 of the 1.5. Until Canelo sells 1 ppv I can't give him much credit for these #s. Now Cotto is a big draw but I would think most people would choose to watch Mayweather over Miguel. For an example if Cotto and Floyd were fighting the same guy and you had to choose between which fight to buy I believe 90 % would choose to watch Mayweather.
                      Last edited by jayjames616; 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X