No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Cotto has only topped the scale once in his career at 154. That was with Mayorga. Florman was the closest at 153and a half. And Margarito was 152.

Foreman...good boxer,but no threat. Mayorga. Solid journeyman club fighter. Margartio Cheato...solid guy but has fell completely off since he got caught cheating. And he fought Cotto after Pacquiao beat him senseless. and you think what is in bold above?
    Are you serious are just trolling right now... lmfaoheheheheheheeee
    Make an argument, stir a discussion, with the idea to present his legacy/body of work that he has done and how that possibly put's him into the same pool as other great fighters.

Did I deceive you with the statement?

Comment

• Floyd likes to fight in the center of the ring so obviously he will try and do that especially with uncle Roger in the corner reminding him after every round " keep that **** in the middle of the ring ". Cotto will try and push Floyd to the ropes like everyone else and throw lots of shots.

The fight will be a decision for Mayweather with Cotto winning atleast 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

• Can we get a good comparison on the advantages and disadvantages each fighter has...because i think Cotto has 0 advantages going into the fight.

Comment

• ... Cotto reaches his arm out to tap glove with Floyd, bammm Floyd sucker punch cotto. That's whats gonna happen if they meet in the center..

Comment

• Cotto is a promoter in this fight as well, and the fight would be on PPV in the PR so it's possible that he can take home $30M, one thing is sure though he would end up making more money than he ever made in one fight under Arum.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
              IDK about he "has to these days" but he probably will fight him like that. I just think he also feels bigger & stronger moreso than before with also a different mentality. I do think you maybe overstating it if you think he's not capable of moving on his feet anymore. I mean he is older but it was only 2 fights ago that he was doing that against JMM
              He's 34, the legs aren't what they use to be. If you watch any footballer (proper football, not the steroid padded nonsense) it's around the 32/33 mark when they really begin to lose their pace and movement. Floyd will stand in front of Cotto, just as he did with Ortiz and Mosley.

The real question is, will he stand in front of Larry Merchant post-fight or run off and duck him like last time?

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnylad View Post
                Floyd likes to fight in the center of the ring so obviously he will try and do that especially with uncle Roger in the corner reminding him after every round " keep that **** in the middle of the ring ". Cotto will try and push Floyd to the ropes like everyone else and throw lots of shots.

The fight will be a decision for Mayweather with Cotto winning atleast 3 or 4 rounds.
                you can delete your post if you go to edit and advanced

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  too bad that Cotto left hook to the body doesnt exist anymore
                  Cotto leave his chin too open when he throw it. Beside, Floyd is great at countering hooks to the body. Start at 5:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    too bad that Cotto left hook to the body doesnt exist anymore
                    wont make any any difference, whether he still has it or not. Floyd will fight Cotto out of the pocket where his liver is well covered.
                    Last edited by p4p-champ; 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Same thing that happened to Mosley but worse. Cotto isn't as fast or deceptive as Mosley and doesn't have the reach Mosley did. I dont think Cotto's as tough as Mosley either, and believe Floyd will be just as strong if not stronger than Miguel.

Expect a boxing match early, one that Floyd will get the best of before drowning Cotto late. It's going to be a beating from the middle rounds on. Cotto is one of the TR guys Floyd was "ducking" and I expect him to make a big statement. I see him punishing Cotto to the body too. Miguel will be moving backward at some point in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X