Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've watched this fight twice since the live showing and Compubox is a JOKE..there's no way anyone can use that shlt system as a valid argument for anything..

Comment

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
      I've watched this fight twice since the live showing and Compubox is a JOKE..there's no way anyone can use that shlt system as a valid argument for anything..
      You're saying Floyd landed more punches?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        You're saying Floyd landed more punches?
        No, he's just looking for a way to say the fight was really close and that Cotto landed nearly as many punches as Floyd did.

Comment

I've watched this fight twice since the live showing and Compubox is a JOKE..there's no way anyone can use that shlt system as a valid argument for anything..
          How did u scored the fight? I After watching it over and over again I have it 7 round to 5 for Mayweather. I gave round 3,5,6,8 and 9 to Cotto.

Comment

• Anyone notice at 1:33 of Round 8 Mayweather throws a right hook followed by a left uppercut and seems to wince in pain straight after?

Then later in the round turned southpaw?

I wonder if he hurt his hand.

I doubt it though considering he threw punches with both hands for the rest of the fight.

But, seems strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Anyone notice at 1:33 of Round 8 Mayweather throws a right hook followed by a left uppercut and seems to wince in pain straight after?

Then later in the round turned southpaw?

I wonder if he hurt his hand.

I doubt it though considering he threw punches with both hands for the rest of the fight.

But, seems strange.
              What's strange about it? People get hurt in the ring all the time. I snag my thumb, hurt my hand from a glancing blow, get dust or sweat in my eye, or some other random distraction all the time when I spar/fight. He might have, and he might not have. Either way by the time he fights again he should be fine. Also, plenty fighters break a hand or nose early in a fight and drive on. It's part of the game.
              Just because Floyd is the best, doesn't mean he is immune to sprains, fractures, and other obstacles that aren't directly and intentionally caused by the opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                What's strange about it? People get hurt in the ring all the time. I snag my thumb, hurt my hand from a glancing blow, get dust or sweat in my eye, or some other random distraction all the time when I spar/fight. He might have, and he might not have. Either way by the time he fights again he should be fine. Also, plenty fighters break a hand or nose early in a fight and drive on. It's part of the game.
                Just because Floyd is the best, doesn't mean he is immune to sprains, fractures, and other obstacles that aren't directly and intentionally caused by the opponent.
                What I find strange is that it looked as if he hurt his hand or hurt something from those punches but then pretty much continued straight away throwing hard punches. I thought it made that pretty clear in my post. And, was wondering if anyone else noticed it. Mayweather has a history of this but whenever he does hurt himself in a fight he usually doesn't use the part injured much for the rest of the fight.

Obviously, I know injuries happen all the time in the ring.

Not sure what the rest of your post is about. Obviously if he was hurt or not it will heal by the time he fights again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  What I find strange is that it looked as if he hurt his hand or hurt something from those punches but then pretty much continued straight away throwing hard punches. I thought it made that pretty clear in my post. And, was wondering if anyone else noticed it. Mayweather has a history of this but whenever he does hurt himself in a fight he usually doesn't use the part injured much for the rest of the fight.

Obviously, I know injuries happen all the time in the ring.

Not sure what the rest of your post is about. Obviously if he was hurt or not it will heal by the time he fights again.
                  Well you didn't say much more than you thought it was weird lol. Yea that makes sense. I need to go watch that round again. I have been busy searching for Manny/Bradley hype on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    How did u scored the fight? I After watching it over and over again I have it 7 round to 5 for Mayweather. I gave round 3,5,6,8 and 9 to Cotto.
                    I gave Cotto the same rounds, and you could make a case for round 2 as well imo..

It was a much closer fight than Lampley and Steward made it seem, it's obvious they get paid and told to lean more toward one fighter, Lampley usually jocks Cotto, this time he probably wasn't allowed to..

I'm convinced to wanting a rematch..I think Cotto should ask for one for a chance to get his belt back, if not smash on Canelo on Sept 15th

Comment

I gave Cotto the same rounds, and you could make a case for round 2 as well imo..

It was a much closer fight than Lampley and Steward made it seem, it's obvious they get paid and told to lean more toward one fighter, Lampley usually jocks Cotto, this time he probably wasn't allowed to..

I'm convinced to wanting a rematch..I think Cotto should ask for one for a chance to get his belt back, if not smash on Canelo on Sept 15th
                      If you couldn't see/hear Lampley blatantly cheerleading for Cotto then I don't know what to tell you. Lampley's bias towards Cotto was flagrant, it bothered me as an impartial fan. Your 7-5 scorecard is also a joke. Your screen name puts it in perspective though.

Comment

Working...
                      X