Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kojak95 View Post
    What exactly did Cotto do?
    He lost to a smaller man who was older and had a hand injury.

If anything Floyd should be very confident against anybody.
    Your just butt hurt that the man is 43-0

the next guy that fights mayweather beats him

mayweather was on the slide already when he fought ortiz
    and needed to hit after the break to get the kayo

mayweather's main defense is his shoulder roll and that has been
    cracked by cotto ...

thats why mayweather got bloodied like never before

its time to retire otherwise he will end up like roy jones
    I respect your opinion but i don't agree.
    The fighter that won the fight 10-2 (mayweather) doesn't have to retire.

Canelo, Pac,Khan all lose to Floyd.

Comment

• Pacquiao is far from tough he wont get inside on mayweather or push him around like Cotto did if Floyd goes to the ropes against Pac its because he felt like it

Comment

• Pac vs Marquez 1 and 2 was better than that third fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kojak95 View Post
          What exactly did Cotto do?
          He lost to a smaller man who was older and had a hand injury.

If anything Floyd should be very confident against anybody.
          Your just butt hurt that the man is 43-0

the next guy that fights mayweather beats him

mayweather was on the slide already when he fought ortiz
          and needed to hit after the break to get the kayo

mayweather's main defense is his shoulder roll and that has been
          cracked by cotto ...

thats why mayweather got bloodied like never before

its time to retire otherwise he will end up like roy jones
          mayweather had been bloodied before

Comment

• I don't understand what you guys saw in that fight. I saw the fight over and over and all I saw was a mayweather domination. Cotto wasn't landing anything flush, he did catch him a couple times but nowhere near as much was floyd was catching him. Or as cleanly.

I had it 10 rounds to 2 on fight night and 10 rounds to 3 after rewatching it.

Was it because of the bleeding nose? Some people just bleed easy if you hit the nose right, i don't know what it is. Maybe that's why floyd tries so hard to not get hit,

It's such a big event for floyd groupies when he gets hit, but he's a fighter like anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I heard he likes a drink and has cheated on his wife a few times. Never heard that he smacked her around. You sure he said that?
              I don't think he did. Bunce said that Cotto had a drinking problem, that he knocked his uncle out and I think he may have mentioned him having problems with his wife, but i'm 99% sure he never said Cotto hit her...

Comment

• Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
                past prime cotto at arguably his worst weight surprised a lot of people. now imagine if this was a prime cotto.
                at a catchweight or no catchweight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Pacquiao is far from tough he wont get inside on mayweather or push him around like Cotto did if Floyd goes to the ropes against Pac its because he felt like it
                  Pacquiao knocks Mayweather out.

Phenom response: Floyd wanted to get knocked, he wanted to make the rematch more interesting.

Comment

• You hit the nail right on the head ts.

Cotto is 31, has been in 2 brutal beatings, and can't even make 147 anymore, which was his prime weight.

Bravo. Although I don't think Cotto really gave him trouble lol.

I felt the same about floyd's performance as ward vs abraham or ward vs froch.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Floyd's Head Shaking

anyone else love seeing this. 1st off let me go to Cotto for a second. I loved watching his training on 24/7 and his whole demeanor since the fight has been made. Its like he knew he was going to be hell for Floyd to deal with.

Floyd was hyped at the weigh-in on the scale but I loved when Cotto was on the scale, flexed, then immediatly turned to Floyd's team while in the same pose. That was hard. Then I think Cotto shocked him a lil bit when he walked up on him during the stare down. Cotto meant business. Then also on the center ring square off before the fight. Cotto had the best mug of all time.......lol That was classic and got me hyped even as a Floyd fan.

Now back to the original topic. One of my favorite things in boxing right now is Floyd shaking his head after punches, like "NO" or that shish isnt doing nothing. Its also cool when he nods the other way or laughs like that was a good shot or "you got me".

We saw when JMM caught him with the right, Floyd smiled like "nice shot". Then when Mosley caught him, he shook his head & laughed even when he was hurt. Then immediatly started walking him down while shaking his head after every exchange.

Fast forward to Ortiz and its the same thing. When Ortiz would swing and they would clinch a lil, Floyd would shake his head and then walk towards him while throwing shots. He went from being a pretty boy to being straight nasty.

Now in the Cotto fight, Cotto was throwing bangers on the ropes, Floyd would shake his head and then come back. Again though, there were also times he was nodding the other way. I agree with Merchant in that he was embarrased some by having his nose bloody.

It was awesome in that one exchange in the mid rounds. I think he tried to pull away with a good defensive move but Cotto caught him with either a good jab or right hand & kinda admired his work. Immediatly the blood poured out of Floyd's nose and Floyd smiled & nodded his head like "ok, I give you props for that shish because no one does that to me". Then he went back to fighting again. Thats all beast shish to me
                      Last edited by DLT; 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X