Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Bunce making ridiculous claims about Cotto.

I don't know how many of you watched Saturdays fight on Boxnation, but if you did, you couldn't have missed Steve Bunce, the eccentric and somewhat ****** pundit that used to host Boxnation's fight nights but has now resumed his role as a pundit in the studio. When the subject of Mayweather's jail term came up, Bunce claimed that Cotto used to have a drinking problem and was in trouble for beating up his trainer and his wife.

Obviously the statement about the trainer is a reference to the blowout between Miguel and Evangelista Cotto when the latter threw a brick through Cotto's car window(though I'm not sure if Cotto retaliated violently or not). I really don't get the thing about the wife or the drinking problem though? As far as I can see, he made it up off of the top of his head.

Does anyone know if there's any validity to anything he said or is he, as usual, just full of ****?

Comment

• Yea Cotto and his wife were estranged for a while. And Cotto used to definitely be a party animal. And he did hit his uncle.

But by all accounts that's all behind him and it's been that way for a few years now.

Never touched his wife as far as I know.

Comment

• I heard he likes a drink and has cheated on his wife a few times. Never heard that he smacked her around. You sure he said that?

Comment

• Pretty good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
            I don't know how many of you watched Saturdays fight on Boxnation, but if you did, you couldn't have missed Steve Bunce, the eccentric and somewhat ****** pundit that used to host Boxnation's fight nights but has now resumed his role as a pundit in the studio. When the subject of Mayweather's jail term came up, Bunce claimed that Cotto used to have a drinking problem and was in trouble for beating up his trainer and his wife.

Obviously the statement about the trainer is a reference to the blowout between Miguel and Evangelista Cotto when the latter threw a brick through Cotto's car window(though I'm not sure if Cotto retaliated violently or not). I really don't get the thing about the wife or the drinking problem though? As far as I can see, he made it up off of the top of his head.

Does anyone know if there's any validity to anything he said or is he, as usual, just full of ****?
            Yeah, he was a wild boy in his day. Had quite the reputation in PR.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              He did, but this is not a beauty contest.
              ok so people can stop saying"oh floyd got a bloody nose"hell who has fought cotto and not got busted up?

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                Pac vs mosley did 1.3m ppv

may vs marquez 1m

pac vs marquez 1.42m

umm not sure sure ts about that, I think pac vs marquez 3 was better but, I suppose that is because of how close it was

may vs cotto was a good fight but wasn't more exciting than pac vs cotto imo
                The ESPN article said that Pacquiao Vs. Mosley did at least 1.3 so the buyrate might be a little higher.

Mayweather VS. Marquez final tally was somewhere around 1.09.

To each his own I guess, I didn't find Marquez Vs. Pacquiao III very exciting, it was dramatic because nobody thought Marquez could hang with Pacquiao. The fight as a whole they didn't trade as much in close quarters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  Weren't you the same guy that was saying Cotto was going to get the worst beating of his life. Cotto won 4 rounds clearly, I gave him another close one so to me and many others it was a close fight.
                  what 4 clear rounds??i saw 2 clear rounds honestly...the 6th and the 8th

Comment

• Boxnation is just horrible. That guy should be fired along with the guy calling the fight.

I could barely watch the boxnation broadcast because of the announcer. Ive never heard someone so biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                      This. in a lot of cases, 2 oz. can make the difference between a punch being a "pop" or a "thud".

Also, its significantly less wear n tear on the arms with lighter gloves,which is why a lot of fighters wrap their gloves lower towards the wrist, to decrease the weight on the actual hands.

In this particular case though i actually think the lighter gloves would benefit Cotto, the stronger more active boxer.
                      I disagree, smaller gloves would have reduced cotto's defense by alot cotto even said that's why he preferred the 10 ouncers...

Comment

Working...
                      X