No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
    I couldnt disagree more. I think Cotto is still a very solid fighter. Just because he failed against Floyd and Manny doesn't mean hes done in my eyes.

Hell, Manny didn't even want the fight at Cottos weight. That says something...

I think hes still got a few good years left.
    agreed. I think he is still one of the best fighters in the game and really can only be beaten by the boxing elite

Comment

• I think he has more left to give.

I think he can be a World Champion again.

Comment

• He always said that he would retire when he reached 30. He's 31 already and he has been in too many wars.

Comment

• I think he can do alright at 154, especially since he will be able to pick and choose who he will fight. Really he is at the biggest he has ever been and I feel it would be kind of a waste for him to leave.

He can make a bunch of money with limited risk and at some point cash out but better to stack the chips high while one can.

Comment

• I'd like to see him beat the orange outta Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
              He always said that he would retire when he reached 30. He's 31 already and he has been in too many wars.
              It would be silly for him to retire now from a financial stand point.

His fight on with Mayweather did nothing but help his drawing power.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
                He always said that he would retire when he reached 30. He's 31 already and he has been in too many wars.
                At the end of the day his health comes first. I could retire if I where him.

One more fight? maybe but that's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  I think Miguel is more than capable of making this decision on his own without relying on the unsolicited advice of strangers on the internet.

Personally, I think he can rule 154 for a while longer.
                  Perfect , been waiting for this opportunity for the past 2 months.....here it goes

Comment

• After that fight, I want to see him again. He'll beat anyone at 154 not named Mayweather IMO. I'm not ready to see him go yet.

Comment

• Cinco de Mayweather

http://thegatsbyeffect.com/2012/05/0...de-mayweather/

Good piece, looking at the career of Floyd and if father time has caught up to him just a bit. Plus we get a nice Roy Jones Jr. reference in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X